• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Compromise

imschur

For some time now I have been having lengthy discussions with co-workers about their choice for President. They are always eager to point out that the Republicans never compromise on anything. Apparently much like the President and his party the definition of compromise is lost on them. It's ok if the White House refuses to budge and basically says it's our way or no way but of the other side of the isle digs in "The republicans wont compromise"

Definition - An agreement or a settlement of a dispute that is reached by each side making concessions.

Democrat definition of compromise - cave to our demands

Compromise has a place in partisan politics.

The problem arises when one party has the ability to define it...what it is, what it means....via a media who has lost it's impartiality...or even it's willingness to report both sides.

That party then has control.

Compromise is the art of working together without abandoning your principles and core values. The democrat party has moved so far to the left and taken the media with them that now, what we would call "the center" has been moved to the left.

My Father passed in '83. He was a democrat in the proud sense of the word, but in 1980 he reluctantly switched parties and for the first time in his life registered as a Republican...1980 was the first national election I was old enough to vote in.

I registered republican because it was the closest thing to Conservative" I could find.

I won't forget what Dad said.

"Son...you've watched and listened to me for your entire 18 years. I have not changed...my party has. My values, my core principles they are the same....but the party has left me...it is going down a course I can't abide with".

He voted for Reagan.

for me its every time he says, common sense aproach to gun control, my ass puckers. its just his way of talking down to gun owners. as if we were children needing to be taught a lesson.

^^^ Exactly.  There's no common sense to his "common sense approach..."

None at all.  And, we are being talked down to.  "Insulted" is a better word.