• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

On the path to building a 308 in Florida

EasyEJL

Hello all,

I've wanted an AR rifle, but always faced the tossup of what particular specs I wanted. It seemed like any of the setups the way I really preferred (bigger caliber, longer bull barrel, etc) also drove the price through the roof, even in the past. It was hard to justify spending what a pre-made one like that ran. But now with whats happening, its either move it or loose it. So I at least have a couple magazines and a Shadow Ops Weaponry 308 ceracoted in dark earth lower on the way.

I've got a couple of questions, but I'll ask those in the appropriate area. Mostly related to buttstocks + triggers. I'm sure once I'm actually ready to add the upper and find one, i'll have more questions on that as well.

Just updating for fun, received the 20 + 10 rd magazines. Also ordered a stripped DPMS upper, and also have a CMMG mk3 lpk and cmmg 2 stage trigger on the way as well.

I've been rethinking the dark earth, and not sure if I shouldn't just go with olive drab instead as I intend to take it hunting and in Florida, not exactly a lot of desert but a whole lot of green. Don't really have to decide just yet as the lower won't be complete in manufacturing for at least another month and then some, and I can just hold onto the upper and not send it out till I make up my mind for sure.

I'm pondering the UBR, its just the cost. I've been leaning towards the ACS or STR instead. It gets harder with each parts order to convince the wife to let me spend it ;) and I still need a forearm too. other than that, I think pretty much I have all the parts ordered and on the way

• 3 weeks later...

just some additions, I've ordered and have inbound the Mako GL shock as stock, my upper shipped today! Also have the Raptor charging handle and badass ambi safety added. have some duracoat in FDE to do everything with, and ended up with a quad rail, but a 2 piece one, not free floating. Still no idea on scope, unless I reuse one of the cheap ones I have.