• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Saturday Funness

planeflyer21

Done.

After soaking the rust-welded peckers for a couple of hours, used the ol' socket and 2# hammer trick.  Krikey!

Didn't stop the new vibration.  Must be one of my bearings.  Somewhere.

Asked my brother to come over tomorrow and ride in the bed to see if he can hear it.  If not, we'll do a few high-speed runs with him on the hood.

<laughs>

He wasn't up for that.

The girl knows how to install u-joints now.  More than the boy across the street...but that was foregone with spark plugs and oil changes, brake pads and filters.

I'll get new u-joints into that thing in no time, brother.  What are you doing tomorrow?  I'll tackle it.  <thumbsup>

Thanks for the offer bro!

You know, the first u-joints I had to change were on my '59 F-100.  They had "agricultural" u-joints on the drive shaft (clamps or U-bolts holding the u-joints in place).  That was a breeze!

Next time I had to change them was my surplused 5/4 ton M880 Dodge.  Everyone was asking me "Who's going to change them for you?"  Me, "What, little u-joints?  I've done 'em before...no problem!"  <lmao>  That was probably sitting on Ft. Huachuca since 1980, 18 years before I got it.

They were STUCK!

Jon

If it is strictly a crawler and trailered to the trails just use square tube. It sounds funny but all the Toyota guys around here do that and it works great for them. I spent a few dollars on new ones for my Jeep I built and well ended up tossing the rear one and taking out my fuel pump at the same time :cookoo: ended the day real quick.

If it is strictly a crawler and trailered to the trails just use square tube. It sounds funny but all the Toyota guys around here do that and it works great for them. I spent a few dollars on new ones for my Jeep I built and well ended up tossing the rear one and taking out my fuel pump at the same time :cookoo: ended the day real quick.

That's cool and good to know!  He drives it out.

Have him hit up this guy - Tom Wood.  The shafts for my Jeep came from here, and they're damn tough. 

http://4xshaft.com/

Never seen them before.  Thanks!

Jon