• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New to me Ar-10 and a few questions

Like the title says, new to me AR-10. Looked at the thread posted on visual difference and I thought I knew what I had but now I'm not sure...already ordered B series magazines from armalite so ...

The box says 10a2cbs which I assume is a2 stock, which is correct, cbs I assume is carbine and SST barrel which it is. The part that is throwing me is the other thread talks about the differences, mine has the B style magwell, no ridge from the mag release down the side, flat spots on the upper. with that said I beleived AR-10B but the lower reciever says AR-10A2 and the pics say it should only have the A if it's an A model...

I'm tickled pink no matter what, it's jsut nice to know for sure what it is.

Pics to follow

Thanks,Mike

with that said I beleived AR-10B but the lower reciever says AR-10A2 and the pics say it should only have the A if it's an A model...

You're mixing up the A and B models, the ones that take aftermarket mags and the ones that only take Armalite mags...

... with a rifle model.  It's an AR-10A2, because it's an A2 configured rifle (major feature, A2).  Carry handle upper, non-removeable carry handle.  That's an "A2," like the M16A2. 

post-71-136297289041_thumb.jpg

That link was one the one I was questioning...mine looked like like the b model but they said if it has an A on the lower like mine it was an A model.  When I bought it I assumed the a2 was the model designator like always.

Thanks for the input!

Mike

i was confused as well when i got mine 2 days ago. it is an ar10a4. but in the config data in another paper the a series rifles will be identified as a10a4cbf or a10sbf,  the only 2 a models currently listed, as opposed to 10bf etc. when i posted that link i had to pull mine out and check it. so i am now relegated to factory mags only. oh well i do not need many.