• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Carry cases, drag bags, ...

Madhouse

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've got a Pelican for one of the guns, various other brands of hard cases, and one soft bag.  I think the next hard case I pick up is going to be one of the newer Plano gun cases.  Looks pretty high quality, very similar to a Pelican case, at about 1/2 price.  Right now, they only have them in 36" and 42", but for a longer AR-type, you can just separate the upper and lower for case fitment.

Example of it:

http://www.valorcorp.com/products/product.asp?root_id=277&cat_id=277&item=2170025

I got the Pelican 1750 as it is one of only very few that will hold the LR308 without having to break it down.  It comes with three full pieces of foam and you cut the center piece out however you want for your rifle, clips, pistol, clips, ect. ect...  I found that an electric bread knife worked excellent on the foam as long as you were cutting out a decent size piece, if you are just trimming out a hole you already made the bread knife liked to get stuck and just kinda chew the foam.  A nicely honed hunting blade did the trick for trimming out holes though.  There are a couple pics of the case with the gun in it here.  Lemme know if you want any more or some of a different angle or anything n I will get em for you Draco.

Dustin

Inside shot of my Pelican 1720 for the M4, with CMMG .22 conversion bolt (in tube), 5.56 & .22 mags, cleaning kit, spare 14.5" upper - that upper turned into a completely new gun, and the whole case needs redone now.  I just haven't picked up a new piece of foam and cut it up yet.  :o

22LRConv1.jpg?t=1271113931

wellll, I don't think there's any way you're mistaking my rifle in the case for a guitar.  I'm sure it weighs less now that I have the PRS on it instead of the A2 with a weight, but I know it will still be over 20 pounds; more after i get slots cut in for more mags and my EAA Witness I picked up at the gun show.

if pictures dont post your not within the correct criteria. Too many per post, too big, exceeding the max size per post.

Allowed file types: doc, gif, jpg, mpg, pdf, png, txt, zip, ppt

Restrictions: 6 per post, maximum total size 10000KB, maximum  individual size 2000KB

Hey Draco, are you still looking for a 1750??  Look at www.divers-supply.com, they have really good deals on every model of Pelican.  You can do a search for divers-supply coupons n usually find a couple too, that's where I got mine.

Dustin

That's where I bought it from, check your case pics post, I posted in there...  <laughs>