• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

MagPul AFG 2 available now

The new MagPul AFG 2 is available at both Midway and Bravo Company now - colors available right now (as of 23 Sep 10) are:  Black.

Not only is it the original AFG-minus-the-wings, but it's a little dimensionally different.  Check the pics:

post-71-13629726417_thumb.jpg

post-71-136297264174_thumb.jpg

I bought the AFG1. Very comfortable to use. I can see and understand the applications for competition, but for long range or CQB I still resorted to old habits that were more comfortable and adaptable for different situations. I found that the AFG was really only beneficial for me when all my targets were directly in front of me. Target to target acquisition in a 30ish degree arc was awesome. For work, I had difficulties maneuvering through rooms and clearing buildings, and maintaining that deep grip. I needed a much more compact grip. It deffinately requires a lot more practice to get used to.

The AFG2  is more compact, for sure.  The angle seems to be the same, and the "finger grip" insert is in the same place (in relation to how far up from the bottom), but the grip is more compact.  It looks like it's shortened up in the grip area in the front, and the base trimmed off the rear.  Right now I've only got it on a rail for an ongoing build, so I can't really tell if it will feel "cramped" when gripping it - I've got big fat sausage fingers...  :-[  I'll swap it onto an operational gun and check it out. 

Here's the pics of the AFG2 on the rail, compared to the AFG1 on an operational gun:

AFG22.jpg

AFG2.jpg

AFG23.jpg