• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

308 FNG

Pick187

Hello all, I found this place as I was on a quest for knowledge about 308 in a AR platform.  I first fell in love with the AR platform during my time in the military and I have had one ever since.  A couple of years back I was introduced to pig hunting and haven’t looked back.  I have been looking for a perfect pig gun ever since.  I needed something with some power, but lightweight to go where I needed to go.  I looked at everything from 45-70 lever actions to .450 bushmasters to 6.8.  I decided to go to the AR platform after much discussion from people I know and others around the country about how you can’t hunt with an AR.  I then decided to go with the 308 due to better access to ammo.  I originally decided on a Larue Predator.  When I knew the gun craziness was going to hit I went and got what I could and ended up with a bushmaster ORC.  I cleaned the shelf of 308 mags, which by the way the store clerk thought I was crazy when I said you wouldn’t be able to find one of these in a week.

I still plan on getting a Larue, but for now I am pleased with my Bushmaster.  I have had a few Bushmasters and never had any issues so I hope my luck continues.  I am currently getting my accessories together and the weekend of April 13th I hope for it to kill it first of many pigs.  This deer season I hope it will be used to kill my Son’s first deer.   I will try and post some before and after pics of its transformation into what I want and hopefully some dead pig pics.  I hope to find lots of good info here.

Pick