• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Is Troy the only game in town for LR308?

I want to replace my heavy/useless (as far as mounting options go) DPMS FF handguard with a system I can mount a sling adapter, bipod, and maybe NV on in the future.  This is going on a Classic 20, with a low profile gas block.

The Troy is tempting, because they come from the factory in FDE (not a show stopper since I can cerakote the handguard).

I like the SS Series from Midwest Industries (plus the price), and have seen them mounted on DPMS rifles, but they are only listed for Armalite on their website.

I do not want a FF Rail (quad rail), but for the right price, especially in FDE, I could be swayed.

I would like to stay under $250.

What am I missing here?  Are there any boutique manufacturers I have not heard of?

Edited by Skg_Mre_Lght

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

i just ordered the cmmg rkm15. couldnt find any reviews... but i decided to go for it, ive been happy with other cmmg parts, and barrels. this is the best price i found, communication was good and they shipped the next day. ill have it tuesday!

http://www.aimhighsupply.com/cmmg-inc-hand-guard-kit-mk3-rkm15-38da22d/

CMMG_Mk3_CBR.png

Edited by Kynd

• 2 months later...

Midwest Industries has specific DPMS products now. I have their 2 piece carbine length handguard on my Oracle and it fits like a glove, but they also make 2 different free floats specifically for DPMS.

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1207

Edited by GoDenBroncosGo