• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Moly coating (dry lube) or Nickel Boron for DPMS pattern 308 cam pins

Zombie Tested

i have a local AR distributor (i met him at the gun show) asking me to manufacture some DPMS pattern 308 cam pins(4140 steel,hardened to spec) and i want to b sure i can get the Moly coating(dry lube) done before i take the job...anybody kno where i can get Moly or Nickel Boron done for these parts that wont break the bank ?

i called them just now..they dont do Moly and the  price per piece for nickel boron is almost as much as we bid the job for...ive googled companys locally that might b able to do the Moly and only found one and mailed them a sample so i im still searching till i find a reliable coating service...theres tons of manufactures making AR-15 cam pins but there not gunna say where and i dont blame them...

we use TiN on our carbide inserts and i had a distributor ask me if i could have some AR-15 firing pins TiN coated for an 7.62 x 39 application...so yes i am interested in finding a source for TiN coating...im sending a batch of AR-15 cam pins for Moly wth a coating service i found here in southern calif...

Dave's parts are above reproach.  Trust me on this guys.  I have a whooooooole lot of his stuff, for testing and R&D.  It's everything it needs to be, and then some.  I'll have a writeup coming soon.  <thumbsup>

we use TiN on our carbide inserts and i had a distributor ask me if i could have some AR-15 firing pins TiN coated for an 7.62 x 39 application...

That's very smart - excellent coating to battle the effects of the corrosive ammo.  Nitro-carburizing ("melonite" treatment) is another excellent coating to help against corrosive ammo.  Look into that, too, Dave.  <thumbsup>

http://www.burlingtoneng.com/melonite.html