• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

2013 season opens 5/4 here

shepp

i normally go trout fishing with a good friend of mine for the opener, but its been so rainy here IDK if we are going to beable to. the river that runs thru my area is expected to crest today or tomorrow and all the streams are well over full. the week after i normally go up north but there is still 12-18" of ice on the lakes and 12" of snow. this weather is got everything so messed up!?!

when does your season open any plans?

Louisiana- "The Sportsman's Paradise" <thumbsup>

All bs aside, if you (anyone) ever wanted to take a fishing vacation of a lifetime (inshore or offshore) I would dare to say the best saltwater fishing in the world is in Louisiana. Just be sure to do your research on the charter company.

Louisiana- "The Sportsman's Paradise" <thumbsup>

All bs aside, if you (anyone) ever wanted to take a fishing vacation of a lifetime (inshore or offshore) I would dare to say the best saltwater fishing in the world is in Louisiana. Just be sure to do your research on the charter company.

Guy I went to highschool with is an avid outdoorsman and lives in Baton Rouge. When I went hog hunting down there with him it was kinda slow so the last day we went down to port fu Joan (sp) and surf fished, that was a blast. I plan on going down there for a week or so in the next few years.

Its Port Fourchon....pronounced fooo shawn...unless youre cajun then it has a whole new pronounciation.... But yea surf fishing down there is a blast when the weathers right.

thats it! we were down there the first part of march last year, didnt do to bad caught a couple of 25 pound drum, some sheeps head, 2 nice reds and a stingray and bonet head shark.

and everythings way different in cajun LOL. on the way down there we stopped and bought some shrimp from some fishermen, there was alot of confuson Edited by shepp

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't a bad weekend the main river we fish was super high yesterday, dropped three feet over night but was still to high and fast today. Fished smaller streams yesterday and did pretty well caught alot of fish and kept enough for dinner. Today was tough in the smaller steams cuz the water dropped in them too, but we brought a few home with us.

post-12796-0-03685200-1367791524_thumb.j

post-12796-0-71469500-1367791589_thumb.j

post-12796-0-68581900-1367791655_thumb.j

Nice...Im going trout fishing Friday before memorial day. We are having the driest spring I have ever seen. It might be the first time ever where we have a lot off access to the river. Usually in the spring we are limited because the water is too high. Of course a lot can happen between now and then.