• Visit Sportsmans Guide

AR-10 vs. DPMS Gas Tubes - FTF issue

Lancer1

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...

Ebay and Amazon both have some garbage suppliers.  I got two gas tubes that were out of spec on the flare diameter but I could not tell which site/manufacturer I got them from once they were in the pile. Now I check the OD of them when they come in. In fact, I just jumped on this deal from Brownell's where you get free shipping and free return shipping for $50 a year, and some special pricing. Its nice when you just want to order one piece of something and don't wanna get raped on the shipping. 

I ordered two nice looking forends from Amazon for .223 also and had to send them back. The threads to the forend from the barrel nut were so sloppy that you could not even tighten them up to each other.  At least with Amazon they sent a prepaid shipping label and they give no arguments on the refund.

• 2 weeks later...

Ebay and Amazon both have some garbage suppliers.  I got two gas tubes that were out of spec on the flare diameter but I could not tell which site/manufacturer I got them from once they were in the pile. Now I check the OD of them when they come in. In fact, I just jumped on this deal from Brownell's where you get free shipping and free return shipping for $50 a year, and some special pricing. Its nice when you just want to order one piece of something and don't wanna get raped on the shipping. 

I ordered two nice looking forends from Amazon for .223 also and had to send them back. The threads to the forend from the barrel nut were so sloppy that you could not even tighten them up to each other.  At least with Amazon they sent a prepaid shipping label and they give no arguments on the refund.

Update:  I bought some forends from another supplier via slickguns and got the same Chinese junk as the ones from Amazon.  Lookout guys...it seems to be everywhere now.