• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Incoming... mag loaders for DPMS .308/SR25

gnatshooter

Friends,

The last few months I have been making regular visits to the home page of Maglula, Ltd. hoping for news on the commercial release of a magazine loader for DPMS .308/SR25 magazines.

Their website always kept saying that the mag loaders would be out in October 2013.

Well, a couple things have just happened. One is that October came to an end. The other thing is that they re-worded things on their website. Instead of saying 'coming in October', they say 'excited to bring you new loaders!' like they will hit the market pretty soon. Elsewhere on the site they say the loaders will be out in November -- which is, as you know, this month.

I'd be one of the first to get a Maglula loader for my DPMS mags. They're a pain in the butt to load.

Is anyone in our group in a position to negotiate a group buy of these mag loaders for us? It doesn't look like Maglula does sales direct to consumers, so the group buy would have to be a deal through a dealer. 

Hooray, this morning, November 13, Maglula says their DPMS/SR25 mag loaders are now available!

Go to the Maglula home page and scroll to the bottom.

It's now time for someone here who knows a dealer to negotiate a group buy for us. Remember, this is the Christmas shopping season!

Edited by gnatshooter

Heh, if you think those are tough, try the 10rnd .308 ASC mags! Don't actually buy those mags though, because they downright SUCK.

Do you have feeding issues or fitment issues? I've only got my ONE factory 10rd. S&W magazine with the M&P10 - obviously need to get more and was considering these for a metal magazine. PMAGS have and they fit perfectly in the S&W and they cycle Snap-Caps, but I would like to have some steel mags too. WHo makes a decent 10rd. steel?

Do you have feeding issues or fitment issues? I've only got my ONE factory 10rd. S&W magazine with the M&P10 - obviously need to get more and was considering these for a metal magazine. PMAGS have and they fit perfectly in the S&W and they cycle Snap-Caps, but I would like to have some steel mags too. WHo makes a decent 10rd. steel?

Feeding issues due to the magazine holding the rounds too tightly and the curvature of the feed lips being too steep such that the end of the lips bites into the case of the round instead of cradling it.

DPMS mags work for me, but they are known to develop problems more quickly than the high quality steel mags (LaRue, KAC).

This morning, December 1, 2013, Armadillo Supply just updated its page on the DPMS/SR25 .308 Lula mag loaders. Instead of stating it's an "advance reserved order" it's just a regular order page now!

http://www.speedloaderstore.com/contents/en-us/p390.html

These critters are now available just in time for stocking stuffers!

Edited by gnatshooter

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Finally got around to using my MagLula loader to load a DPMS mag's worth of .308. There's only one moving part, and the loader device is damnably clever. Once I figured out how to use it (and there is a slight break-in) the whole loading process was fast, and smooth as silk. No jamming thumbs, pushing rounds around, follower wanting to go sideways, etc.

I don't shoot a lot like a lot of the big shooters around here, but I'm glad I got the loader and wouldn't want to load mags any other way. Going to a range or elsewhere, I wouldn't leave home without it.