• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

LPK recommendations for SI HK receiver???

Okay gang. Looks like I'm not going to be able to mount standard type handguards on this particular rifle. I've ordered an MI free float tube that should arrive any day now. I'll give you guys a report as soon as I can mount the free float tube and shoot it! Looks like I might have to get an Armalite product in order to try out anything else.

Edited by 2336

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay gang, here's the newest update/addition. Got the free float tube in and gas block and here's what we have now:

100_3190_zpstmiplify.jpg

100_3191_zpstiye1u2k.jpg

Swapped the 18" BHW barrel for a 20" Faxon unit. The BHW was supposedly a lightweight profile and the Faxon is a mid profile but I dropped from 9.3 pounds to 8.7. Of course I swapped the A2 FSB for a lightweight 3-gun gas block from Doublestar and most noticeable - we had to ditch the A1 handguards for the MI free float tube. Gonna try to do a function check and then BZO the BUIS (MagPul Gen II MBUS) and get in some accuracy testing. I finally had to admit that it's harder to achieve a retro look with a DPMS pattern unit. That's okay, the HK 20 round mags run great in this puppy and I've got a feeling it's gonna be pretty doggone accurate!

Edited by 2336

Thanks for the kind words guys. She ended up looking much better than I expected. I was concerned about a possible increase in weight and was very pleasantly surprised by what I ended up with. I'm hoping to get a range report posted for you guys soon. Unfortunately the front that is causing so much hate and discontent in the midwest will be bringing us mucho rain this coming week. I'll keep ya'll posted. ;)

Oh, BTW, for those with good eyes, yes that is an A1 pistol grip, and the stock is an A1 unit. I'm vertically challenged so the A1 stock has always been a better fit for me than the A2 stock.

Edited by 2336

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...