• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Sig 716 Precision, in disguise??

phunk

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=377236540

What I am seeing here is a Sig 716 Precision with the UBR stock swapped out for something else, and the grip swapped out. Otherwise, appears the same to me. Great price too.

From the advertisement:

"The Sig Sauer 716 "3-Gun" is a non-cataloged rifle. This rifle has many features we have seen on the 716 Patrol including a 4-position piston operating system, flip-up front and rear iron sights, and a quad rail (albeit slightly longer). You even get the durable Magpul 20-Round PMAG, but two this time around compared to one in the Patrol rifle. The differences may not be easy to spot, however there are some notable upgrades which make this rifle stand out from the standard Patrol rifle (or other Sig Sauer rifles we have seen thus far).

First and foremost, this rifle ships in a very nice hard plastic case similar to the SSG 3000 case. New is the 18" Heavy Barrel which is threaded and includes a thread cap. This may very well be the same barrel we will find on the R716 'Precision Marksman' when it's eventually released. Next, a TI-7 stock with QD sockets on either side which you can use in combination with the included 2-point QD sling. This stock feels strong and sturdy - a fine addition to this rifle. Also welcomed is an upgraded latch on the charge handle to give a better grip, especially while wearing gloves. While on the subject of gloves, a Magpul Winter Trigger Guard sits nicely under the trigger. The guard is only the start as a raised letter 'G' is cast on the side of the new trigger, a hint that you will have something better than the standard Mil-Spec trigger found on all of the AR-10 and AR-15 style Sig Sauer rifles thus far. In place of this basic unit Sig Sauer has installed a Geissele 2-Stage Trigger which completes the 3-Gun package."

Not sure if this is a rifle the op changed himself, but I'd be weary of a "non cataloged" rifle. So he put a trigger in and changed the stock? (which by the way is NOT a precision stock, nor is it what was on the early pics of the Marksman rifle, the PRS was).

My biggest question would be why is it so inexpensive if upgraded from a 2700 dollar rifle. Yes, it's a steal if it's new, although I would've like the UBR stock.

The first photo shows the product tag from Sig. Also, the seller is a big Sig dealer, I have purchased a couple new sigs from them.

They didnt change anything. its a brand new in box rifle being sold as it ships from Sig. Read the description, it explains the rifle there!

Basically what I am seeing is a full 716 Precision, minus the stock and grip. As for the price... only the MSRP was so high. Sigs dont sell for MSRP. Id say the price looks just right for the current climate. Aside from the grip and stock, I cant see anything about that rifle that isnt identical to the Precision.

Edited by phunk

The stock on that one in the link is the Tactical Intent TI-7.  That thing is solid as hell, and not heavy for having storage tubes.  TI makes them for several different vendors, so it might have another branding on it, but that's what it is.  I used that thing on Pinky, and like it.  <thumbsup>

post-71-13629727822.jpg

Is that the same as the Rodgers/colt stock? Was one local for $50 I almost snatched up just for the heck of it.

Nope, not the Rogers super-stoc. See post above.

Tactical Intent are great folks. They have a good deal on a  7075 milspec receiver extension with spring and whatever buffer you want too, but you have to call for it.