• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

how to remove bolt catch pin from T.M.-10 lower

texas30cal

A blind hole? Hmm. I'm looking at mine (an Armalite 10, not a TM lower), and you should be able to drive the pin back out from the other side. But it's two different manufacture's. And I wouldn't expect the TM lower to be any different from any other manufacture's "rule of thumb". You know, what gets put together, can't be taken apart. Can you put up some pics?

Wait a minute. The DPMS/SR-25 (including TM) pattern use a set screw to pin their bolt catch in place. I just re-read your post. it sounds like you need to just back off that set-screw to get where you wanna be. Keep in mind (I'm the Armalite guy.....our's are pinned). But the other patterns use the set-screw for the bolt catch.

Just trying to help my man.

No, I wish,  they use a small dowel pin in a blind hole and a set screw to hold it in, I don't understand why they did it but they did.

thats how my AR-15 was, my 308 has a one piece set screw/pin. What you need to remove the set screw and then kind of wiggle the bolt catch and shake the lower or tap the buffer tube on the counter to get the pin out. Or get a good magnet and kinda persuade it out.

That is how i get mine out, hope it helps

• 2 months later...

Not yet, put it to the side for a while. If I can't get it out the only thing I can see to do is use a tiny carbide burr and I think I can make a small hole from inside the magwell that will intersect the pin hole and possibly blow it out or push it out with a wire or tiny punch. I have oiled the hell out of it while its been waiting so I will try some more before using a implement of destruction on it.