• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Spray on sizing lube

survivalshop

I just got the spray on lube from Dillon with my 223 conversion & I have to say ,I have defiantly been behind the times .

My first try , I dumped the cleaned brass in a box to spray the lube on & the container I had been keeping the cleaned brass in ( I have many containers of brass , in different stages) had some media & junk mixed with it .

Well needless to say ,I had to wipe them all off because every thing stuck to that stuff.

Went much better second time around , I size/deprime all rounds, than trim, clean primer pockets & debur case mouths. Than on to primer pocket swagging .

The Dillon, using as just a size & deprime is a large step in production speed ,but that spray on lube is faster than I thought .

I came home from work last night & went on a sizing binge.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I like the dillon spray in the pump for most jobs. If it is something hard to size I will use the old formula rcbs stuff on a pad. I only have 2 tubes of it left so i am using it sparingly.

Sparingly ? <laughs>

I still use the pad when making work up loads . I usually only make three of each load when working one up . Less bullets to pull .

Sparingly ? <laughs>

I still use the pad when making work up loads . I usually only make three of each load when working one up . Less bullets to pull .

Yes, I said sparingly. Too much lube and you won't feel anything when you stroke the press...  <dontknow>

In all seriousness, when converting 30 cal brass to 44 auto mag the old rcbs stuff is the only stuff I know of that will net get cases stuck in the forming die.

• 1 month later...

Some have had problems with the one shot , not sure why , because some swear by it .

I have been using the Dillon for quite a lot of loading now & I have found that ya got to leave it alone for at least 10 Min. before sizing, I usually wait longer.

I would be willing to bet ,they are all basically the same formulas.

• 2 months later...