• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Looking at stocks

Cali_Ed

Super sexy rifle.

I'm confused by a simple question

If I get a carbine length 308 tube i would use the car-10 buffer to reduce the recoil or just go with the regular 308 buffer as in i dont need the buffer. The car-10 is only needed if you use the ar15 tube correct?

That's a Cali thing, brother.  I would never consider that, but I don't have to live there.  I did live there twice, but never again.

Long story shorter - I have no opinion on that, because it's not subjected upon me.  Sorry, man. 

The A1 stock is 3/8" shorter than the A2, but the use the same extension. The longer A2 gets a 3/8" long spacer on the back end to make up the empty space, and a longer screw. The tube is standard, but you still need the 308 specific buffer and spring.

Any carbine stock will fit on any carbine extension as long as it is the correct diameter (commercial =bigger/milspec=smaller)

DPMS uses standard AR15 carbine extensions with a modified, shorter buffer to compensate for the longer carrier.

Most guys feel that buffer is too light and go with a heavybuffers setup, consisting on an armalite AR10 spring and a weighted AR10 buffer.

Not all 308 platforms use the same carbine extension and parts, but rifle extension are standard.

Dpms just introduced totally new proprietary parts and threw all standardization back in the toilet.

ok, fact check that for me fellas. Its early. Just tried to stick all pertinent info into one post :p

Edited by blue109

Most guys feel that buffer is too light and go with a heavybuffers setup, consisting on an armalite AR10 spring and a weighted AR10 buffer.

Not all 308 platforms use the same carbine extension and parts, but rifle extension are standard.

Fact Check

Unlike the DPMS, Armalite AR10 buffer is the same length as the AR15 counterpart, since Armalite uses a longer extension tube to make up for the longer carrier.

• 2 weeks later...