• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Anyone Tried MK319 7.62X51 130gr OTM Rounds?

jtallen83

I'm curious if anyone has tried any of these in a .308 AR?

www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/AMM-7350

These guys have the same round;

www.unammo.com/

Some here as well;

sgammo.com/product/federal/20-round-box-...762tnb1-factory-2nds

2925 fps out of a 16 inch barrel is claimed as well as "reduced recoil" and low flash.
It all sounds good if it functions in a semi-auto? ????? usa.gif

• 1 year later...

I heard some good things on this ammo so I ordered 500 rounds for my P716 from Mass Ammo;

https://massammo.com/massammo.com/lake-city-7-62x51-mk319/

It showed up Monday afternoon so when I get home this weekend I'll give it a good run in both the 716 and my 20 inch AR-10.

Couldn't believe after all this time nobody invoked the rule :wtf:

so I called myself on it  :whip2:

....is it that obvious I don't need enablers? ????

I heard some good things on this ammo so I ordered 500 rounds for my P716 from Mass Ammo;

https://massammo.com/massammo.com/lake-city-7-62x51-mk319/

It showed up Monday afternoon so when I get home this weekend I'll give it a good run in both the 716 and my 20 inch AR-10.

Couldn't believe after all this time nobody invoked the rule :wtf:

so I called myself on it :whip2:

....is it that obvious I don't need enablers? ????

You've gone from beyond help to completely out of control... God bless you!

Put 60 rounds of MK 319 downrange today. My AR-10 has a 20 inch barrel with 11.25 twist. 10 rounds gave me a 3 inch group at 100 yards. I think I'll try it again once I put one of my good scopes back on it though, I still haven't got the hang of the PA scope so it may not be a fair gauge of accuracy. The target shown is where the rounds end up with the scope zeroed best I could for 175gr match stuff;

post-12531-0-71626300-1433615229_thumb.j

The P716 with a 12.5 inch 1-10 twist barrel did a bit better with a 1.2 inch 4 shot group and a fifth flyer to open it up to 2.5 inch, my fault there. That was the best group of the bunch but I was using an old Tasco scope and the Sig trigger is junk so I'm betting these groups will improve as I improve the rifle.

post-12531-0-14995500-1433615467_thumb.j

I only had one double feed in the Sig as far as function issues, new rifle and it did it twice before with ZQ stuff so odds are it is a rifle issue. They say this stuff has a 10% recoil reduction but it seemed to have a good bit more recoil than the ball ammo I have shot from the Sig and the 175 grain stuff I've been shooting in the AR-10.

I'm saving up plastic jugs big enough to use in an attempt to recover an expanded bullet. I shot a bunch of steel and couldn't find a trace of the jacket. It only slightly dimpled the AR500.

For 66 cents a round I think I'll get more.

Swapped scopes back to my Bushnell elite on the AR-10 and shot 5 more 5 round groups. 2 MOA was as good as it got, pretty consistent at 2 MOA but with a good spread each time, only three pairs touching out of the 5 groups. Plenty good for a hunting round but not near what I'm used to getting with M80 ball and 175 match stuff out of this rifle.
Looks like I'll be saving this ammo for what it was made for, my short barrel rifle.....
er.....I mean "pistol"

I saw these rounds online, but didn't make the jump and purchase any.  I am currently loading Barnes 130 grain TTSX over TAC to mimic this round.  I am stil working with load ladders but have 1 MOA accuracy with puching it close to 2900 fps out of a 16" 1/10 barrel.  Good luck with this stuff in your pistol!

• 2 weeks later...
57.5 grains of copper slug left after traveling through 3 half gallon milk jugs, 1 large windex bottle and ending up in a large fabric softener jug at 100 yards. It traveled very straight through the jugs leaving a dent on the back side of the last jug. There were two small chunks of jacket in the windex jug and no trace of the lead, I'm thinking it dispersed when the first jug got turned inside out.
It seems to be getting better in my AR-10, I cleaned up all the old copper in the bore for a fresh start this time. 6 five round groups from my AR-10 had an average of a bit over 1.5 MOA at 100 yards. If I throw out my standard flyer from each group it would be an easy 1 MOA round.
My Son has had three dogs killed by a Cougar since March, I'm hoping this pill will be the medicine needed to solve the issue!
post-12531-0-97934800-1434896866_thumb.jpost-12531-0-14128300-1434896880_thumb.jpost-12531-0-42227300-1434896890_thumb.jpost-12531-0-37291200-1434896900_thumb.j