• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Alpha Shooting Sports 16" stainless 308 barrel $219

392heminut

The flash from my 16" was impressive & very loud . I put a VLtor flash/muzzle brake on it & the shooters next to me quit asking what kind of cannon I was shooting. I have a rifle length gas system & I think that may make a difference.

As far as how short for an SBR , well thats up to you & your barrel maker. I know some have 14" on ,but not sure how they shoot or perform , you have to remember there are trade offs for having a short barrel .

Edited by survivalshop

I've got a 12.5" (Noveske barrel) on my AR10 SBR. It runs fine....even with the suppressor.  She's not as "loud" as you would think she would be (running an AAC brakeout comp). As far as accuracy, she'll drill the center of a target. Now keep in mind, that I'm not looking for any kind of MOA with her. She's made for kicking in doors or shooting through them......not sniping.

Just recently, while playing at 50 yards. She ate the s h i t out of the center of the target. Same at 100. Still, not one hole or cloverleaf type of accuracy. BUT, if it was human.......it wouldn't be anymore.