• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

I like snow but...

imschur

We had no snow at at all this winter until Sunday. Thats when the blizzard came. While we go over a foot of snow that's not the big deal. It was the wind that came with the snow and the wind that lasted until yesterday. It never stopped. Trees were toppled, structures collapsed. Clean up was difficult because the wind just keeps blowing the snow back. Today we are finally down to a light breeze and the snow is staying put. Hopefully Ill be able to clean this mess up once and for all. Ill try to get a picture out my back door later.

We had no snow at at all this winter until Sunday. Thats when the blizzard came. While we go over a foot of snow that's not the big deal. It was the wind that came with the snow and the wind that lasted until yesterday. It never stopped. Trees were toppled, structures collapsed. Clean up was difficult because the wind just keeps blowing the snow back. Today we are finally down to a light breeze and the snow is staying put. Hopefully Ill be able to clean this mess up once and for all. Ill try to get a picture out my back door later.

Uh huh, yeah.  You wondered why I jettisoned the VA living conditions, too, and hauled arse back to AZ - right before winter.  I'm back in AZ, brother - you don't have to shovel heat, man...  <lmao>

Uh huh, yeah.  You wondered why I jettisoned the VA living conditions, too, and hauled arse back to AZ - right before winter.  I'm back in AZ, brother - you don't have to shovel heat, man...  <lmao>

LOL, I just now saw a clip on Fox News that parts of AZ are in for a snowy blizzard.

It could be worse.... We get 80 mph winds regularly at my house and feet of snow. I got a truck with 42" tires stuck in my drive way two days ago and just finally got it dug out today! Got to love Alaska!

We had our coldest December on record..then the blizzard last Sunday. It's been nearly 50 for the last few days. Wacky weather to put it mildly. I was actually considering getting back into snowmobiling. Screw it I want another boat. Should have never sold my Ranger..stupid stupid stupid

Yep!!!  Snowmobiles, Polaris Ranger, 4 Wheelers, Hitch team of horses to pull a pretty cool sleigh and a Tobogen!!!!

Excellent. I did a horse drawn sleigh and a dog sled once. Both were pretty awesome experiences.

Of all the things I have given up I miss snowmobiles and my bass boat most  :'(

Heat wave LOL

Do you snowmobile?

For you guys in Texas (and Tom) a snowmobile is like a personal watercraft for the snow.

This public service announcement brought to you by the 308AR.com winter sports division and Bombardier

D'oh!  :o  I didn't get touched here in my speck of AZ, with all that crazy weather that hit.  The mountains behind me got a light dusting of the fluffy stuff, but it didn't do any more than a light flurry in town.  Surrounding areas got the smack down, though, in some way, shape or form. 

Sleds in snow, though - I love it.  Can't even explain it - kinda like "floating with speed" through the stuff, unless it's wet and heavy.  At that point, it's like paddling through mashed potatoes.  >:(