• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

DRD upper for lefty?

Hi Guys,

Just joined this forum in the hopes that I can get someone's experience with shooting a DRD upper lefthanded. I'm seriously considering buying their upper/rail set. The manufacturer told me that they tend to eject between 2 and 4 oclock. If this is true, then it shoudn't be a problem.

Anyone have any real data?

thanks,

gumbyhero

• 8 months later...

Or you can do what I did in 69 in basic, shot left handed and my ar ejected 45 deg to the rear with no deflector, so I got a tin can cut a strip out of it, bent it 90 deg and taped it to the side every time we when shooting, the DI thought it was brilliant but would not let me use it for qualification, end results hot brass down the shirt ONLY on qual. day

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, raindog said:

I'm a lefty and shoot a slick-side LR308.  No problems.  Even better than the HK91.  I never had brass with it but I used to get black powder streaks across my face.

Welcome to the forum, feel free to post up in the intro section

Howdy from the Texas side of the border.  I have mixed dominance so I also shoot left handed but my 5.56s and 7.62s all have deflectors and I have never had an issue.  If the rig has an adjustable gas block you should be able to adjust it.  I have been able to do that on both my front line 5.56 and 7.62.