• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Aero Precision
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Faxon

Hi Guys,

Just joined this forum in the hopes that I can get someone's experience with shooting a DRD upper lefthanded. I'm seriously considering buying their upper/rail set. The manufacturer told me that they tend to eject between 2 and 4 oclock. If this is true, then it shoudn't be a problem.

Anyone have any real data?

thanks,

gumbyhero

I didn't know you were talking about a slick side.That would be a problem I think.You could probably get a shell deflector for flat top and pop rivet a piece of metal that would breakdown 90* to keep the shell from being pulled back into you.

I'm a lefty to and i've never had a problem with any AR either but they all had deflectors. I'd buy something else with a deflector or you'll be pelted with hot brass. just my two cents.

Or you can do what I did in 69 in basic, shot left handed and my ar ejected 45 deg to the rear with no deflector, so I got a tin can cut a strip out of it, bent it 90 deg and taped it to the side every time we when shooting, the DI thought it was brilliant but would not let me use it for qualification, end results hot brass down the shirt ONLY on qual. day

I'm a lefty and shoot a slick-side LR308.  No problems.  Even better than the HK91.  I never had brass with it but I used to get black powder streaks across my face.

6 hours ago, raindog said:

I'm a lefty and shoot a slick-side LR308.  No problems.  Even better than the HK91.  I never had brass with it but I used to get black powder streaks across my face.

Welcome to the forum, feel free to post up in the intro section

Howdy from the Texas side of the border.  I have mixed dominance so I also shoot left handed but my 5.56s and 7.62s all have deflectors and I have never had an issue.  If the rig has an adjustable gas block you should be able to adjust it.  I have been able to do that on both my front line 5.56 and 7.62.

Just a note this thread is 2 years old and the original poster has 2 posted and hasn't visited in 1.5 years