• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

weaver tactical issues.

well, I sang praises of this scope, but with only about 600 rounds through it I hit a snag. the EL turret has gotten mushy. it still works, but the clicks are almost nonexistent. I took it apart as much as possible to see if it was just the knob and there's nothing there. pretty annoyed. time to see how weaver warranty holds up.

well, I sang praises of this scope, but with only about 600 rounds through it I hit a snag. the EL turret has gotten mushy. it still works, but the clicks are almost nonexistent. I took it apart as much as possible to see if it was just the knob and there's nothing there. pretty annoyed. time to see how weaver warranty holds up.

I've got the same scope & I'm very interested to see how Weaver handles this issue...No problems with mine so far.

meh. if they don't fix it I'll just swap in a factory trigger. never been a huge deal for me. I pulled it out and it was pretty dirty and gritty, so I'm going to clean it up and try it again first. has some gunk in the hook that might be the issue.

Edited by blue109

• 1 month later...

finally got around to getting the scope in the mail yesterday. weaver said they would repair/replace it over the phone when I was getting my RMA number. they also said expect up to 6 Weeks for turnaround. start the clock!

off topic: RRA also said via email they would replace the trigger, but I have to call to get the RMA, and they have sucky hours, and I work alot. I'll get there eventually.

Edited by blue109

• 5 weeks later...

got her back today. all seems right. paperwork says faulty turret mechanism. says it was fully inspected and cleaned. I sent it without a battery and it came back without one. was kinda thinking they would toss in a fresh one for my inconvenience. wondering if they even bothered to test it. the instructions on the website say to send a MO for $15 for shipping along with it in case it's not covered under warrantee. I didn't send one and they didn't mention it. there was no correspondence either direction. they advised a 6 week repair window, and came in under that. I was planning on giving them a call this week but not necessary now.

bottom line...scope was fixed. no extras, but no drama either. just cost me $10 for shipping. I'm satisfied pending range time.

I was watching miculek videos yesterday and I saw him rapid fire a .500 made me think of all the AZ ladies who didn't want to shoot the .460 last time :P

THEY WERE GHEY!!!  :tfg:

I think Jon and I were the only ones that really MANNED UP and did it.  I was even dumb enough to stand beside the cylinder when Jon got busy, just to eat some concussion!@!!!  I'ma dumb fucker, for sure...  <lmao>

That thing skeers me.  BAD.  :eek:

If I had to head into Bear Country, and had to pick from two things on the table, one being that .460, and the other being the backpack M134 minigun from Predator...

I'd take that .460.  There's NOTHING right about that revolver.  NOTHING.  That thing is nasty.

Edited by 98Z5V