• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

My new SIG PM400 5.56 pistol

Microgunner

Arrived on the 6th and here it is.

It's FDE (obviously) with Magpul grip, forestock and rear sight with an 11" barrel.

I fell immediately in lust!

Some of you may recall I ordered a TacCon 3MR trigger the first day they became available.

I still hadn't installed it in my S&W and I'm glad because it's going into this compact 6lb SIG.

This thing's easy handling and the FSB feels just like a fully collapsed M4 stock.

post-12024-0-92992300-1399651096_thumb.j

post-12024-0-15432900-1399651107_thumb.j

post-12024-0-40826000-1399651119_thumb.j

Awesome, I got to play with one down at Shooter's world and it was a nice piece. How do you like the taccon trigger?

My friend has a taccon and we installed in my 300blk pistol ( plain buffer tube/ no sig brace), I was able to get some decent bursts out of it. We shot about 120 rounds that day. For me and in my opinion I like the trigger but was glad it was someone else's money paying for it, lmao. I'm sure with time/ break in the trigger unit would get better.

Just installed the TacCon 3MR trigger. Easy installation. Haven't fired it yet though.

I need to get a new trigger on mine, it is terribly gritty. I thought it might smooth out with some use but it doesn't seem to change, 1,000 rounds and it still grinds. Fine for rapid close in stuff but trying to be precise with it is a challenge. My stock Armalite trigger puts the Sig to shame! Now to start reading all the trigger posts and get an idea of which one will suit my purpose, nothing real light but smooth and crisp like my AR-10 is a must. 

• 1 month later...

I need to get a new trigger on mine, it is terribly gritty. I thought it might smooth out with some use but it doesn't seem to change, 1,000 rounds and it still grinds. Fine for rapid close in stuff but trying to be precise with it is a challenge. My stock Armalite trigger puts the Sig to shame! Now to start reading all the trigger posts and get an idea of which one will suit my purpose, nothing real light but smooth and crisp like my AR-10 is a must. 

Just finished putting the Geissele SSA in my PM400, I can't wait to see what this trigger does for group sizes!   :banana:
The difference between the SSA and the stock trigger is outrageous. SIG should be ashamed of themselves for putting that gritty junk in their weapon.  <dontknow>
It now feels much like the factory trigger in my AR-10, smooooth  
As far as the install goes it took me longer to watch the video than to actually complete the job. I did have to loosen the pistol grip and rotate the safety in order to remove the stock trigger but it was a very straightforward procedure.
Even though my AR-10 trigger works fine for me I'm thinking a Geissele may be in the future for her as well, maybe a SD-E or just the SSA-E, can't decide if the flat trigger would be for me since all my experience is with a standard bow.....
Geissele gets <thumbsup>  <thumbsup>  from me!