• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Barrel Extension Source

Thanks for the info.  I was able to find Ballistic Advantage.  Is there anymore info on Citadel like a website?

I could never find much on Citadel. I even went through some business directories. Hard to believe in 2011 a business can operate with so little presence. Maybe intentional.There's an AR shop that sells the Citadel barrels. Perhaps they know how to contact Citadel.

As far a s a dimensional drawing , ya got me there .

Same here - Ive got CAD files on many AR related things, and I've never been able to find anything on barrel extensions, be it 5.56 or .308/7.62.  If I ever find something like that, I'd post it up in an instant.  <thumbsup>

I don't think they make the bolt out of stainless, do they?  Just the bolt carrier.  Guys run tool steel bolts in stainless barrel extensions all the time.

Found the answer on their website:

We machine the bolt carrier from 416 stainless steel to provide years of corrosion resistant use. The carrier has been lightened with fluting on the rear of the carrier, while still retaining the strength. The bolts are machined from SAE 9310 steel, magnetic particle inspected and shot peened.

• 1 month later...