• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

It's BACK!!

MaDuce

That Beretta 92 that was stolen. I picked it up yesterday. It DID need to be cleaned but not as bad as it sounded. But the finish was more then a little messed up and the rubber grip has been worn down.

What's more, although the gun seams to be in working shape, the double action is messed up. Inspection indicates that one of the hands it's been through tried unsuccessfully to convert it to full-auto. It LOOKS like I'll be able to fix it though as the only part damaged is the trigger link.

One thing that makes me a little nervous is that the automatic slide release had been taken out. I can make another one pretty easy but I'm a little nervous about the story of how it disappeared and all.

One other problem is that the front sight had been removed. Why is as much as mystery to me as anyone.

Anyway, I'm going to have to take it out shooting here soon, after I order a new trigger link and front sight.

Edited by MaDuce

It's on here somewhere. I remember seeing it. Glad it's back with you Duce.

Did they return any of the plastic BB's or do you have to get more?

I'm just kidding, had to get in on the air soft gag. Really I am happy it's been returned, that doesn't happen often and you seem to be fond of her.

It's on here somewhere. I remember seeing it. Glad it's back with you Duce.

Did they return any of the plastic BB's or do you have to get more?

I'm just kidding, had to get in on the air soft gag. Really I am happy it's been returned, that doesn't happen often and you seem to be fond of her.

I think he wants to see it in it's current state which IS impressive but only because of how it compares to other recovered stolen firearms.

I'm happy to have it back but I probably won't be quick to restore it. This happened while I have too many other (bigger) irons in the fire.

Edited by MaDuce

Don't forget to put the orange tip back on.

You're just looking for a reason to throw me behind bars, aren't you?

Me likes those grips. Plus they still have the housing for the automatic slide release in them. And believe it or not, I have experience in cleaning up the rubber Hogue makes their grips out of. I can't make them like new again but I'm going to clean them up really good and straighten them back out again.

Edited by MaDuce