• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

RRA trigger issue

blue109

finally sent my old sloppy 6 year old RRA 2 stage in. they just sent me a brand new NM trigger without any questions or fuss, so that was swell.

first tried to install in in my 308, and it wouldn't release the hammer. could barely even get the dico to catch.

dropped it in a 556 lower, and similar results. disco would catch easy, but wouldn't drop the hammer.

dropped it in a different 556 lower. this one will drop the hammer, but not consistantly, and only after about 15lbs.

narrowed it down to the tail hitting the bottom of the selector. trigger runs fine in all three lowers with the selectors removed. pretty sure all three selectors are from different places (DPMS, PSA, DTI if memory serves) id like to try it in a factory lower before I lay blame though. anyone seen this before?

no screws, and I made sure the grip screw isn't interfering. it's really close. I feel like if I scraped a hair off of the trigger tail it would be fine, but I don't want to do that. probably take it over to my father in laws house tomorrow and drop it in one of his old colts. that's about as milspec as it gets. if it doesn't run in a factory gun I guess ill email RRA again. the 308 ran fine with the old RRA trigger I sent back, and a Timney.

Blue I put one of those grip screw trigger adjuster in one of my RR triggers today....directions say adjust allen till it makes the selector hard to flip then back off...so is your selector hard to turn? maybe it is

the grip screw touching the tail.....btw best 15 ive spent.....takes all the creep out :) Wash

it's doing it in all the lowers I tried. didn't want to pull the Timney out of my mega lower because it's a pain. no screws protruding into the cavity in any of them. I installed the selector with no pin/spring and rotated it 360 while tugging on the trigger in the 308 and the 556 lower. the tail just seems a hair too thick and it's not letting the sear slip. I installed it without hammer or trigger springs just to see, and same thing so it's not that. seems like it would have to be an out of spec trigger, or several out of spec lowers/selectors.

Brother Blue - you want me to send you a BAD-ASS selector to try?  They're not equal as all others, when it comes to that stuff. 

You could come up here and shoot with me tomorrow, and I'll just hand it to you - or I could send it to you. 

Lemme know, brother.

If the safety fixes the trigger problem, then there's no need to cut on the trigger.  I know Roger went to great lengths to make the safety worked with most anything out there, including out-of-spec triggers.  If it doesn't work with the RRA trig, then you'd need to chop on it some.  Easy test and easy fix, if it fixes it.  <thumbsup>

Did you try the FCG with out the Safety installed & did it function correctly ? If it did , just stone a little off the tail of the Trigger where it meets the Safety selector .

I've had to do a couple of them , One of my 5.56 Carbines needed to be tweaked ( a little stoning ) after installing a B.A.D. Safety selector.( with out Cerakote on the selector barrel )