• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

which DPMS barrel

I am looking for 1 of my last  2 parts to finish this build, I want a barrel, would like to have a 24" fluted barrel with threaded  end so I could put flash suppressor or compensator , or just a band to protect the threads.. Would settle for a nice 20" heavy barrel fluted as long as it is threaded for muzzle device.  even a 18'  if I have to  buy dint want the head aches getting a mid gas system working correctly, plus on the sass have not figured the gas block yet.    I really dint want to take barrel to work for threading as it is not a happy place for that,, it only takes a few min to get it done  or caught AND fired..  18" heavy would b nice with long standard gas tube,,does that or is that available? 

I am ordering barrel today, the 18" SASS barrels are out of stock. so I am going with the 24" bull barrel..  how much weight between the fluted and non fluted.  and will it really make that much difference in handling rifle?

I know there is big price difference. is it hard to shoot standing off hand?

ordered fluted 24" barrel. may cut  4" off and re crown. I will have to wait as see if barrel will look good if shortened.  how will fluting look if I remove 4" of barrel.

I am no body builder but I can shoot my 110 tactical 308 off hand standing and hit target. just cant do it all day long. after a few shots I am going to prop it up some how.  using 57 years of wisdom. 

what are you shooting that wieghs that much?  I am hoping for no more than 11#

Gonna be a hard weight to hit, even with a shorter barrel.  No way will it work out to 11# with a 24" barrel.

This thing is an 18.5" medium contour barrel, and it's 12.75 pounds without the bipod attached - gun only.

308CurrentMods4.jpg

I will do what I need to do for a lower weight weapon.  I have light weight bi-pod, not flip up sights on weapon, I am going to use the

MagPul PRS Precision Rifle Adjustable Buttstock.  I can handle it OK heavier but don't want to, it is not my entry weapon.. I could post some pic's if I knew how to make them not so big.  My  favorite weapons, my favorite  Harley Davidson Motor cycle. and my what took me years to be able to afford my helicopter. landed in the side yard.  next I would like a attack vehicle that is armoured and fast with squad weapons mounted for and aft.  just a late in life dream  but a weasel would be nice vehicle :(