• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New Armalite owner AR 10B

ParanoidVengeance

First range trip. It ate everything I gave it. Including some 125 grain ammo I loaded just for a bolt gun. I also switched over to frog lube. Only spent about 1/4 of the time cleaning.

The bad. The trigger has to much creep. It has a military trigger feel. I topped it off with a Elite 4200.

What is a less expensive trigger option?

I have a ten and twenty five round mags. Odd seeing a M14 mag that long.

I have been reading when I can to learn what I can. Came across that I can send it back to Armalite and have the mag well modified to a A so it accepts the new mags.

Is this a good option or not?

The also have a custom AR from a local shop. It take 308 pmags. Would be nice to use one kind of mag.

All told. I like it.

Sorry pic is upside down...

post-15380-0-85833800-1417907395_thumb.j

Edited by ParanoidVengeance

ALG , Act trigger set , around $ 70 .00 , not a match trigger , but mine break at 5 pounds & are a world away from the Mil spec trigger . The Spike's Enhanced Trigger set Is also nice for about the same price . I prefer the Act , its Mrs. Geissele's  company <thumbsup>  

Edited by survivalshop

I have been reading when I can to learn what I can. Came across that I can send it back to Armalite and have the mag well modified to a A so it accepts the new mags.

Is this a good option or not?

The also have a custom AR from a local shop. It take 308 pmags. Would be nice to use one kind of mag.

All told. I like it.

Sorry pic is upside down...

Just to standardize your mag type it might be worth looking into. Contact Armalite and see what they charge. I have two B models and plenty of mags so I don't see a need to do something like that. The B Gen II is an excellent mag. It is very well built and rliable. I can't think of any other reason to do it, except perhaps the weight of the P Mag is a bit less. Glad you like your AR10 they are definitely shooters.

I will send them an email and ask the cost. Then make the choice. Money wise the Armalite  mags are not that bad in pricing.

I about eight M14 mags. To bad I can't mod them to work. Just be easier to see if I can sell them and then use the money on the AR10.

It will be a couple months before I get a trigger set. Have to get through Christmas.

Send it back to Armalite to mod the magwell into an A model?

Blasphemy!   <laughs>

The standard Armalite 20 round mags are outstanding. I've probably got about 40 or 50 of those sum-bitches laying around, and have never had an issue with any of them. I understand your "common mag" theory though. I tried to stay in that arena also. Other than a G3 clone that I bought years ago, and an SBR FAL, all my other 7.62 battle rifles are AR-10's. Which is why I stayed with the "standard" mags. Plus, the fact that I'm just an all around 10B junkie. It wasn't until recently (last year that is) that I finally branched out into the LR 308 side, and had to start building up the PMAG count. Also mighty fine mags....just for the record.

OK, what I see is. It shouldn't be hard to do a little cutting on my M1A mags. Since, I have traded my M1A for the AR10. Seems like it is ment to be.

Instead of doing some crazy measuring. Trim the tab on the back of the mag. Take out the mag catch. Insert mew mag. Use a scribe to transfer area to be cut. Check position of actual mag. Should be ok. Bolt hold open. If I figure out a solution. I will post it.

Will have to wait till I have free time. Being an adult sucks sometimes.

Send it back to Armalite to mod the magwell into an A model?

Blasphemy!   <laughs>

The standard Armalite 20 round mags are outstanding. I've probably got about 40 or 50 of those sum-bitches laying around, and have never had an issue with any of them. I understand your "common mag" theory though. I tried to stay in that arena also. Other than a G3 clone that I bought years ago, and an SBR FAL, all my other 7.62 battle rifles are AR-10's. Which is why I stayed with the "standard" mags. Plus, the fact that I'm just an all around 10B junkie. It wasn't until recently (last year that is) that I finally branched out into the LR 308 side, and had to start building up the PMAG count. Also mighty fine mags....just for the record.

Yep the Gen II's and the M14 mags they are based on are a throw back to another era.heavy tough steel that is built to take abuse. Only other I put in their class are the original steel AK47 mags.

Well, I have 5 new M1A mags. The dual purpose mags are more expensive than just the AR10B mags. Doesn't make to much sense since I don't have a M1A anymore.

Edited to ad. Well. Mod'd one mag. It seems to cycle by hand. Nice and tight. Once I test fire it. I will do the rest of them. That means I have another 5 mags. Guess I won't worry about the mag issue then.

Edited by ParanoidVengeance