• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Aero Precision lower?

Tripledeuce

I just ordered The Aero lower to go with the Upper I have, I currently have a few AR builds under way. I tried the Aero upper on a DMPS and Bushmaster lower and the gap at the back was to much for me. I also noticed the takedown pins would not line up that good on either lower as well. I was going to return it but I have had a 13.8 Troy HP DMPS rail that I could not use until now. I was able to get the lower for 185 and I had a lot of spare parts left over from my DPMS sportical to SASS conversion. All I need is a LPK, BCG and forward assist to put together a complete 16" .308. Still not sure what I will do with it yet as I have a 16" Bushmaster 308.

Farkle, 

Would this one work as well as the Vltor A5?  I'm curious as it's designed to be anti-tilt:

http://www.primaryarms.com/PWS_Enhanced_Buffer_Tube_308_p/4bt308b1.htm

Nope, needs to have an internal depth of 7 5/8".  The only way you'll get that one to run on your .308 build is to use a DPMS-based LR308 compatible buffer.

Actually the .308 EBT is AR-10 pattern so yes, it'll interchange for the A5 receiver extension. My MK216 came with one, which I've swapped onto an AR-15 lower with A5 buffer.

POF also makes an anti-tilt AR-10 receiver extension. This is what I replaced the EBT on my MK216 with (since I needed shorter LOP options).

Yes, the .308 version works with AR-15 buffers when on a .308 AR. It's 8.25" long.

Overall length won't matter one bit - not even if it's 25" long.  For it to run the AR10 Carbine buffers - and any other AR15 buffer - it needs to have an internal depth of 7 5/8", or very damn close to that.  The standard AR15 Carbine receiver extension has the internal depth of 7", or very damn close to that.