• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Aero Precision lower?

Tripledeuce

• 2 weeks later...

I have one I just finished. It seems to be well built, and well worth the money I paid. I bought a matched upper/lower set, and while I wouldn't call it a tight fit, it is acceptable. Assembly was easy. I'm not thrilled with the Aero takedown and pivot pins. The takedown pin is a little loose and the pivot pin seems like the groove for the retaining detent is short. When I push it in all the way it will back up just a touch so the detent stays in the groove. That's not a problem with the lower though. The finish on the lower looks very good, as does all machine work.

I have all the parts for this rifle at my local gunsmith's shop. He is doing the barrel/gasblock/gas tube install for me. With any luck I'll have a range report next week.

I think DRD has.  I've finished the lower build, but am waiting on Aero to ship the BCG's so I can get my barrel and get it finished up completely.  What did you need/want to know?

Crimson if you need a bcg...ive got a shadow ops nib bcg for sale never taken out of the box

I thought I had it cancelled in July but it showed up last week,and I dont need it it cost me 243 total

will sell it for 200 plus shipping.....these are sweet! :) Wash

Thanks, wash.  I'm still waiting on the Aero one, but I've had it preordered, and it's theoretically going to ship sometime this month.  I'll probably need another for the 16" build I'm likely to do thanks to you all, and the fact that I have an upper sitting around...  If it gets too much longer I'll absolutely be in touch.  That's a great price, and I really appreciate the offer.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got my M5 upper. It doesn't mate very well with my SI Defense lower. There's too much lateral play, and the rear tang isn't flush. Oh, well. If it fits my friends cmmg, I think he'll by it from me, unless anyone else is interested! :-)

Man that sucks. Me and my buddy  built our M5's at the same time and his was so bad he sent his back. But luckily mine fits like a glove.

... I'll use that money to buy an SI-defense matched upper...

Great idea. They make magnificent stuff.

Just FYI. It won't be "matched". It'll definitely fit better than some other company, but matching an upper and lower usually means that the pivot and takedown pins were drilled while the receivers were mated together. If you buy the receivers separately, they will have been drilled separately... leaving a small margin of difference.

Got it.  I guess I knew that, but like you said, it should still be a better fit than from another company.  I'll let you know when it's in and how it looks!

This my planned "OBR on a budget" build so far:

SI-Defense Billet .308AR Receivers, with:

·        18 Lothar Walther Vartac LW50  Rifle-length 1:10 Barrel  w/NiB Bolt             or

·         18 Fulton Armory Criterion mid-weight 1:10 .936  rifle-length gas system                                      

·         BCG: Nemo Arms or D Wilson Mfg (NiB)

·         Miller Precision Low-profile Adjustable Gas Block (.750)

·         Geissele B-G2S-E Trigger

·         VLTOR 6 Position Carbine Buffer Tube / Receiver Extension                      

·         AR10 Carbine Buffer & Heavy Spring          

Charging Handle, Grip, Handguard, and Muzzle Device are still to be decided

Edited by D.R.D.

·         VLTOR 6 Position Carbine Buffer Tube / Receiver Extension                      

·         AR10 Carbine Buffer & Heavy Spring

Make sure the receiver extension you're getting is the VLTOR A5 one otherwise the AR-10 buffer (H3 buffer) won't fit.