• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Electronic Headphones

mineralman55

We currently have 3 sets of these:  http://www.howardleight.com/ear-muffs/impact-sport--2

Very good...though they interefer with the buttstock with long guns a bit (not as much as some others I've tried).  $60 in store or less on Amazon.

They have a new style that provides every more noise reduction, that I don't see on their website.  They have them on the shelf at Sportsman's but I don't see them at Sportsman's website either.  These are priced at $80.

^^^^This. A lot of the guys I shoot with in USPSA use the Peltors and really like them. I've had 2 pair of Pro Ears and will not spend another dime with them. Both pair had one side go bad and their customer service left a very bad taste in my mouth. I'm going with the Peltors if I can ever quit spending money on gun parts long enough to get a new pair!

Update: I was at Lowes getting some items, and saw a pair of "3M tekk" earmuffs for $24. I had used these at a woodshop where I volunteer and really liked them. So I bought a pair, gave them a try at the range today. These things are great! Noise suppression was fine. There was a guy with a magnum rifle and a freekin' brake on it a couple seats away. With the tekks, no problem. Without them, he was worse than annoying. Best thing... no more batteries.

Edited by mineralman55

• 4 weeks later...

^^^^This. A lot of the guys I shoot with in USPSA use the Peltors and really like them. I've had 2 pair of Pro Ears and will not spend another dime with them. Both pair had one side go bad and their customer service left a very bad taste in my mouth. I'm going with the Peltors if I can ever quit spending money on gun parts long enough to get a new pair!

I remember that story

I saw these today at Home Depot 70$ wondered if they were worth a sh!t. I see they have the Peltors name on them......

DD6A9F0A-957D-4788-BFEA-5B5139610A07_zps