• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

DPMS LR-308 A2 Buffer Tube Lenghts

4 hours ago, Russ said:

So got same problem buffer tubes too short so which one do I need my buffer is 2-1/2 “ long spring is 12-7/8 long an 6 position tube that is 7-1/4 long 

External length of the extension doesn't matter - internal depth does. Can't help you until you post up the internal depth of the extension.

You don’t “have” to use a specific buffer tube, but you do have to have the correct buffer and buffer tube combo. 

Armalite uses a specific setup, and DPMS uses a specific setup. Both/either are fine, but you can’t mix parts from different families. 

The Armalite AR-10 buffer tube is also the Vltor A5 buffer tube. DPMS uses a standard AR-15 buffer tube. 

On 2/5/2020 at 9:28 PM, 98Z5V said:

External length of the extension doesn't matter - internal depth does. Can't help you until you post up the internal depth of the extension.

It is 7” inside tube I cut 10 coils off of spring an now it will lock back but gonna have to work on bolt catch it not high enough to catch without holding it manually but then it just verily catches it .430 “ high an read it suppose to be .500”

10 hours ago, Russ said:

It is 7” inside tube I cut 10 coils off of spring an now it will lock back but gonna have to work on bolt catch it not high enough to catch without holding it manually but then it just verily catches it .430 “ high an read it suppose to be .500”

That depth os good for 2.500" buffers - but I'll bet that buffer weight is 3.8oz, which isn't enough.  Cutting 10 coils off the spring isn't the way to do it - you just weakened that entire recoil system, greatly.  I'll be that there no bolt catch out there that would grab that speeding BCG, now...

I understand all that I need find spring appx 10” that is heavy enough in order get bolt back far enough for the catch there was not enough room in buffer tube for a 12-7/8” long spring the bolt catch ya that whole another problem it only catches once while if I hold catch up an pull bolt by hand

8 hours ago, Russ said:

I understand all that I need find spring appx 10” that is heavy enough in order get bolt back far enough for the catch there was not enough room in buffer tube for a 12-7/8” long spring the bolt catch ya that whole another problem it only catches once while if I hold catch up an pull bolt by hand

The Sprinco Orange spring was specifically designed for .308ARs running the 7.000" internal (AR15) carbine extensions, and 2.500" buffers.  Get the Sprinco Orange spring.