• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Aero Precision lower with low profile upper?>

Hey guys, I am finishing a build with the M5 set. I found a great deal on a JL Billet handguard that is low profile. Wondering if anyone has used a low profile upper and how did it fit together? I know I should not mismatch, but I am forcing myself not to buy a new set as bad as I want the Saltworks. Any advice or pictures would be appreciated.

The Aero Precision M5 upper is LR-308 high profile so the low profile rail won't align with the M5 upper well.

If you're talking about buying a separate LR-308 low-profile upper and putting it on your current M5 lower, then it'll be just fine since the only difference is the height of the top rail above the charging handle.

Sorry, guess I didn't explain it well enough. I have the M5 upper built in 7mm-08 I am wanting another upper in low profile. I am wondering if anyone has crossed this yet? I would like to get one without FA, Detroit machine, Sun Devil or? I am asking which one will look close to right on the lower.

I would keep the Upper receiver & lower Receiver made up of the same manufacturer , if your adding an Upper receiver assembly , less chance of Tolerance stacking. Forward assist not really needed for the 308 rifles , I think I have one with it & two with out , no problems, I wouldn't use it any way , even if its there .

Its your choice , if just wanting a Low Pro Upper receiver , to match a hand guard . We have seen some that don't match too well out there , with so many new Manufacturers coming out with Receivers.

If you have more questions , I would post them in the General section or DPMS Technical sections , these Armalite people don't play well with others <laughs>

Edited by survivalshop

If you have more questions , I would post them in the General section or DPMS Technical sections , these Armalite people don't play well with others <laughs>

...there is that ONE GUY...   <lmao>

And just WHO would you guys be referring to? Hmmmmmmmm?