• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Rifle length barrel cut to 16"

The Salt works set is pretty damn nice. The price is even better. Heres some pics. I've been wanting to go to A PLACE TO SHOOT since in can go out past 100 yards now, lol. Next time you go let me know and i'll join you.

post-15084-0-18711900-1426007654_thumb.j

Yes, Its the Ferfrans. I'll do a write up on it once I get this thing dialed in. I was to focused on the cycling issue to notice what the Ferfrans was doing. I did manage to get the scope dialed in at 50 yards though. :))

If I can find the thread where we got into a bunch of gas port sizes , we would have some references , but no idea whats its under . My notes read my port on my 16" is 0.1095 " , but I'm not sure if that is right or not . I used a drill bit & don't or can't find that note on it , will keep looking .

UPDATE. so opening that barrel gas port to 7/64 (0.1095) was the ticket.

Kept the original gas block and it cycled 80 rounds of the ZQI 762 147 grain perfectly. Bolt held open on last round, case thrown right where should be and came out clean.

I'll still install the adjustable gas block, cause the 150 grain Winchester 308 had a kick like a mule.

UPDATE. so opening that barrel gas port to 7/64 (0.1095) was the ticket.

Kept the original gas block and it cycled 80 rounds of the ZQI 762 147 grain perfectly. Bolt held open on last round, case thrown right where should be and came out clean.

I'll still install the adjustable gas block, cause the 150 grain Winchester 308 had a kick like a mule.

So, I'll presume you'll now endorse the ZQI 7.62 x 51? Great to see you got it straightened out - I'll PM you when I'm planning my next run out to "A Place To Shoot" You might look into "HeavyBuffers.com" to tame that thing down a bit.

http://heavybuffers.com/ar10carbine.html

Edited by guruofhotrod

thanks guys, your help was much appreciated. I endorse the ZQI, lol.

Also the Ferfrans muzzle device is awesome. With it installed it pushes the noise forward, but it would make you lose sight of your target (pushed the muzzle up something awful). With the device off, the brake worked very well but gawt damn it was loud. I like having both options.