• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

M1956 mag pouches?

AngelDeVille

I was in a local junk store today and spied a bin full of 20+ m1956 mag pouches for the M14. I wanted to pick up a couple to try with Pmags, but it didn't have any cash with me. They all looked serviceable and none were in new condition.

Most of my gear is Alice so it wouldn't be out of place with my equipment. And they look cool.

Does anyone use these? I imagine they would only work with the 20 round metal mags.

So far I'm using a couple 20 round Lancer mags, and I have some 25 round Pmags on the way.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'm going to sell or trade my 25 magpuls in favor of the 20's.

Does any one want some of these pouches? They have a whole bin of theses for cheap, I was looking at them on eBay and they were selling for beyond ridiculous prices, plus asinine shipping charges.

I don't recall if they had those extra straps on them, I'm not sure how they are used with them.

Edited by AngelDeVille

I think I'm going to sell or trade my 25 magpuls in favor of the 20's.

Does any one want some of these pouches? They have a whole bin of theses for cheap, I was looking at them on eBay and they were selling for beyond ridiculous prices, plus asinine shipping charges.

I don't recall if they had those extra straps on them, I'm not sure how they are used with them. 

I think they are for extra support , but will have to look it up . I have a Manual around here some where .

Edited by survivalshop

• 9 months later...

I have a couple of the cotton duck M-14 pouches and used them for HK-91 mags. Armalite 20rd "B" mags fit, and I don't see any reason why PMAG 20s wouldn't.

I think they're still around here somewhere, but I went with MOLLE equipment back in 2010 and put all the ALICE stuff in a chest.

The clips on the straps attach higher on the front of the "H" harness to keep the pouches from flopping around so much when you're running.

Charlie

• 3 weeks later...