• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Will it Fit ? Magazine compatibility with other manufacturers than stock setups.

MikedaddyH

Beretta 92 mags fit in a Sig P226 (9mm). Only mod needed is to re-notch the mag catch slot to match the sig. Not sure if the reverse works. This mag also supposedly fits the P228/P229.

The same Baretta 92 mags will fit in a Sig SP2022 (9mm) but with a different notch modification plus some clearancing. This is the only way to get a 20-round mag to fit an SP2022

Also the Sig P226/Baretta 92 mags fit in a Walther P99, again with mag catch modifications.

....the Baretta 92 mags also fit XD9's

Edited by shibiwan

Sig mags LOOK" identical to EAA Witnessmags , so CZ75 mags should be the same. I need some one to confirm this.

Did you try stuffing my mag into the Witness?

Honestly, I think the way to go is the M9/Baretta 92 mag since it seems like it fits a whole bunch of stuff and will work in most situations with minor mods. Besides there's so many of them out there and they go for abour $12....

Beretta 92 mags fit in a Sig P226 (9mm). Only mod needed is to re-notch the mag catch slot to match the sig. Not sure if the reverse works. This mag also supposedly fits the P228/P229.

The same Baretta 92 mags will fit in a Sig SP2022 (9mm) but with a different notch modification plus some clearancing. This is the only way to get a 20-round mag to fit an SP2022

Also the Sig P226/Baretta 92 mags fit in a Walther P99, again with mag catch modifications.

....the Baretta 92 mags also fit XD9's

Shibi your Sig 40s&w mag fits in my XD40 , but it is too long about a 1/4" gap at the base. So just a drill hole to modify the mag for the bolt catch and it would work.

• 4 years later...

I got a 15 rd. Promag from cheeper than dirt for my Taurus G2C and it works in my CZ 75b. But the CZ mags don’t work in the G2c noticed a notch in the side of the G2C mag at the top the CZ mags don’t have the catch and release notches are the same . Supposedly the G2C. Mag is for sig 226 any one have any experience with Sig magazines in the CZ 75? If they will fit bouth the Taurus and CZ 75 I would get some would be great to have same mags work in bouth guns 

• 3 years later...
On 4/6/2015 at 8:01 AM, Dane Armory said:

CZ-75 fits EAA Witness small frame and vice versa, identical mags.

CZ-97 fits EAA Witness large frame and vice versa, identical mags.

If I recall what I've read correctly the CZ-97 and the EAA Witness large frame magazines were designed to be compatible between the two during the design and specification process in an agreement between the two companies. At least initially the CZ-97 mags came with a metal floor plate. The CZ-97 mags were produced by Mec-Gar and were only available through CZ at least initially. The CZ packaging and maybe the mags were clearly marked Mec-Gar. The EAA mags I've seen and the more recent CZ mags have a plastic floorplate.

Taurus 92 mags and Beretta 92 mags won't usually exchange as built but the magazine catch notches can be altered to work.

Sig P238 mags and Springfield 911 .380 Auto mags are interchangeable.