• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

.308AR Repair in VA.

novamark

I am looking for someone in Virginia that is knowledgeable to look at my DPMS G2. I have sent it back for warranty repair and got it back today and it is still cratering the primers. It has a new barrel installed and headspace checked. They say it is ok and that slight cratering is normal. Any help please?

Thanks

post-14474-0-15859600-1428976919_thumb.j

They are not reloadable. I have an adjustable gas block on order. Someone told me to try that. On another forum the guy sent his back to DPMS for warranty work and they replaced the bolt with one with a smaller firing pin hole. I have a dpms ar15 and it does great. I wanted to love this rifle also, but not so far. These were FGMM rounds out of the box.

Edited by novamark

They are not reloadable. I have an adjustable gas block on order. Someone told me to try that. On another forum the guy sent his back to DPMS for warranty work and they replaced the bolt with one with a smaller firing pin hole. I have a dpms ar15 and it does great. I wanted to love this rifle also, but not so far. These were FGMM rounds out of the box.

I personally don't see the cratering being a make or break issue myself, but that's just me.

The picture doesn't show too well the 2 extractor marks, but the heads of the brass are so bad that I cannot even get them in the holder to reload the brass. I am going to try an adjustable gas block, and see if that helps. I have never had primers and extractor marks ruin brass before. These were FGMM 168gr. straight out of the box.

Fired brass was never meant to be reloaded or should I say , Firearms manufacturers really don't care if their design screws up the brass for reloders , as long as it is ejected & the next round is chambered & ready for firing . I know that doesn't help ,but just the way it is . 

I have a fine flat file for brass that has slight burr's on the base & a three sided for the extractor grove , it doesn't take much to dress them up . As long as you don't go crazy on the filing , should be good to go .

I believe the 16" has a Carbine gas system & the Adj. gas block may help  <dontknow>