• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Thermopolis float trip

.308LiteHunter

Great catches... Looks cold still.

The first day was pretty nice, got up to about 60 with no wind. That almost never happens in Wyoming. It made up for it the next afternoon, the wind was strong enough to blow us up river. Trying to row was a joke, we had to hug the shore and walk the boat down river.

Nice fish, especially that brown.

Beautiful fish!!!!

They were some nice fish, and fought bigger than they were! I've got some other really good pictures they are just to big to upload.

My friend who organized the trip is a fly fishing purist, so just to piss him off I always bring my spin rod and a bag of "Gulp" minnows. Never fails to land some nice fish!

Those Browns I caught were on a 4'6" St Chroix ultra light with a worm red hook and a glow bead. My buddy almost always out fishes me when we go I kicked his butt in the deeper water. That 14" on my ultra light was so kick ass!!! 16-18" fish woulda been a handful. If I had access to rivers like that I'd totally take up fly fishing. I have talked to guys who've fly fished for blue gills who say it's a blast I'd like to try that.

Ponds we got river systems full of the slimmy sob's they get shot with bow or seiners some in and net them and send them out east. Ever see that show on sportsman or OD channel called bottom feeders? Some of that is shot on the lake rrrrrrr flow age I ice fish, great for walleye and full a carp

Cool. Either way, get one on a fly rod!

Bow fishing would be fun to.

Sorry didn't mean to sound grumpy I hate them, and with the Asian carp knocking on our back door I'm even more angrey towards them lol. Ike to learn to fly fish and fish bones down in the flats