• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Illinois FOID card holders' privacy bill loses vote

ArmaLite

I take it that, that's not good for the firearms owners in that state.

I read about what the Attorney Generial is trying to do & its pure intimidation on the states part .

Why don't we just make it public on who has money & jewels at home so the thieves don't go to the wrong hose & waste there time .

Its "the Chicago way" , with BO in the lead.

here's a qucik lil'note to add to the Fukn IL issue.

At my job, All Security Force members MUST have a FOID card for employment.

So... We have many out here, that work at all the other Nuke Plants, that Do NOT OWN FIREARMS, but must have a card. So now their information is public with LACK OF KNOWLEDGE on the States part.

I have ashit-ton of proof that just because you have a FOID card does not necessarily constitue you OWN a Firearm.

I HATE THIS fornicate'n state !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe BLOW

LEA already has to conduct the background for the FOID and you submit the app to the State PD. SO this is much like posting ( on the net ) the Towns and adresses of Sex Offenders.

A point that was made by my Gun Clubs Prez, on our forums. In IL - it is encouraged that even if your wife doesnt own a Firearm, she should have one for the mere fact that if by chance she is pulled over and you happen to have left ammo in that vehicle, if by any means a search is conducted and they [LEO] finds it, she is arrested for not having propper ID for transporting ammuntion within the state ( happen to a GC member ).

And for the minors in the state that have a FOID for the mere sport of the matter....

Can someone just NUKE us and start over

( The Jericho Project ) ? ? !!!!!!

YEP STATE LAW.

to be more clear. in IL - One can not be in possesion of Ammunition w/o a FOID card.

Say- even if your wife [in IL] wanted to buy you ammo - any type for your class of Firearm, she must have a FOID card inorder to do so.

And internet Ammo retailers, know this and ask for it [ a photocopy ].

Some of the local shops wont even allow you to HOLD / TOUCH a Firearm unless you have a FOID. So that means that NO out-of-state 'guest" could even consider shopping at said store.

YEP STATE LAW.

to be more clear. in IL - One can not be in possesion of Ammunition w/o a FOID card.

Say- even if your wife [in IL] wanted to buy you ammo - any type for your class of Firearm, she must have a FOID card inorder to do so.

And internet Ammo retailers, know this and ask for it [ a photocopy ].

Some of the local shops wont even allow you to HOLD / TOUCH a Firearm unless you have a FOID. So that means that NO out-of-state 'guest" could even consider shopping at said store.

That's not quite true Tango. In Illinois you CAN buy ammunition and long guns without an FOID, but ONLY if you're resident of Iowa, Missouri, Indiana, Wisconsin, or Kentucky under certain conditions.

See <a href="http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs3.asp?ActID=1657&ChapAct=430 ILCS 65/&ChapterID=39&ChapterName=PUBLIC+SAFETY&ActName=Firearm+Owners+Identification+Card+Act."> FOID Statute </a>

(430 ILCS 65/3a) (from Ch. 38, par. 83‑3a)

Sec. 3a. (a) Any resident of Illinois who has obtained a firearm owner's identification card pursuant to this Act and who is not otherwise prohibited from obtaining, possessing or using a firearm may purchase or obtain a rifle or shotgun or ammunition for a rifle or shotgun in Iowa, Missouri, Indiana, Wisconsin or Kentucky.

(b) Any resident of Iowa, Missouri, Indiana, Wisconsin or Kentucky or a non‑resident with a valid non‑resident hunting license, who is 18 years of age or older and who is not prohibited by the laws of Illinois, the state of his domicile, or the United States from obtaining, possessing or using a firearm, may purchase or obtain a rifle, shotgun or ammunition for a rifle or shotgun in Illinois.

(b‑5) Any non‑resident who is participating in a sanctioned competitive shooting event, who is 18 years of age or older and who is not prohibited by the laws of Illinois, the state of his or her domicile, or the United States from obtaining, possessing, or using a firearm, may purchase or obtain a shotgun or shotgun ammunition in Illinois for the purpose of participating in that event. A person may purchase or obtain a shotgun or shotgun ammunition under this subsection only at the site where the sanctioned competitive shooting event is being held.

So, Illinois shows the residents of those states more respect and trust than it does its own residents... Go figure.

rmart, that ^^^ up there just shows how stupid lawmakers are.  If I understand that right, if you're an IL Res, you have to have a FOID card just to buy ammo as your corner (gun) store.  If you're a Res of the surrounding states, you can walk right in, no FOID card, buy ammo, and leave - no check, besides a residency check, basically.  That's dumb as hell, and it's some lawmakers fault.  ???

MATT

dont temp me bro, thats the 1- state my wife agrees to live in aside from here ( for now ).

Don't discount Arizona, brother.  It might be all brown down here, and there might be a recent shithead that really messed things up here, but it's still a great state for a gun owner to live in.  I moved back here just for that reason.  <thumbsup>  I'm just sayin'...  <dontknow> ;D