• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

MI AR-10 Front Gas-block Sight

98Z5V

Men, DSG Arms has 4 of these in stock, and on sale:  Midwest Industries flip-up front sight that is designed to mount to the Picatinny Gas Block, which is AR-10 height.  Should be all .308 AR Pic Gas Blocks, that are NOT designed to be same-plane (there are very, very few of those out there).

DSGs regular price is $160 for this - they're clearancing them out at $55.

https://dsgarms.com/mi-ar10-laffg

0004398_midwest-industries-ar-10-front-f

Lesson 65b...

Men, DSG Arms has 4 of these in stock, and on sale:  Midwest Industries flip-up front sight that is designed to mount to the Picatinny Gas Block, which is AR-10 height.  Should be all .308 AR Pic Gas Blocks, that are NOT designed to be same-plane (there are very, very few of those out there).

DSGs regular price is $160 for this - they're clearancing them out at $55.

https://dsgarms.com/mi-ar10-laffg

0004398_midwest-industries-ar-10-front-f

Lesson 65b...

I cannot tell if this is the proper rear sight for the front sight above.  Any suggestions ... ???

Midwest Industries AR Series Emergency Rear Flip Up Sight - Black
Midwest Industries AR Series Emergency Rear Flip Up Sight - Black
SKU: MIMCTAR-ERS
Manufacturer part number: MCTAR-ERS
Availability: In stock
Old price: $105.00
Price: $93.95

0004951_midwest-industries-ar15m16-emergency-rear-flip-up-sight-black_125.png

EDIT: And now that I think about it ... I wonder if this would work with the A2 carry handle for the AR10 if the picatinny gas block is NOT of the same height?

Edited by GRA

Nice. Looks like this would be good for the DPMS high And all the manufacturers using that spec if I'm understanding this right? If you are running a standard height railed gas block? At that price..might be good for future trade fodder!

It's for a gas block rail that's lower (a little more than 1/4" - .270") than the receiver rail - sometimes called "gas block height"

Example:  You buy this DPMS 308 oracle.  You want a flip-up front sight for it.  Your gas block is a different height than the flat-top upper.

dpms_oracle_308_1.jpg

With the gas block at a different height than the flat-top upper, what do you do? Well, you buy any AR15 flip-up rear, and the MI front sight that I started this thread about...

Example:  You buy this DPMS 308 oracle.  You want a flip-up front sight for it.  Your gas block is a different height than the flat-top upper.

dpms_oracle_308_1.jpg

With the gas block at a different height than the flat-top upper, what do you do? Well, you buy any AR15 flip-up rear, and the MI front sight that I started this thread about...

Perfect.  Thank you.

I sure am glad you put this one out there.  Just got one out the door for $65.87 total which is probably more than 1/2 price off.  I probably never would've discovered this one until long after it was too late.  Thanks again !!!   <thumbsup>

Now the more I think about it the better I like this.  I can use a clamp-on front sight block on the 20" upper I am going to build and have a better selection of who's gas black to buy and will have a much smoother upper for mounting of the scope I want to buy.  Won't have to drill the barrel for a gas block that should work great.

Happy as all get-out here.   :banana:

Edited by GRA