• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hello from Faxon Firearms (and Ask Us Anything

FaxonNathan

Nate.... just out of curiosity... how many barrels do you guys make in a lot?

Meaning, if someone wanted a special length/contour/caliber, how many would they have to order to make that happen?

We require a minimum order of 50 barrels. Payment is due at the step that the barrel is customized. 

We are happy to make dang near anything!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nate.... just out of curiosity... how many barrels do you guys make in a lot?

Meaning, if someone wanted a special length/contour/caliber, how many would they have to order to make that happen?

We require a minimum order of 50 barrels. Payment is due at the step that the barrel is customized. 

We are happy to make dang near anything!

Something shorter than 16", that we can bring up to 16.1" with a pinned/welded muzzle device.  Don't know if that would be the AR15-standard 14.5" barrel, or if you could go a little shorter, due to the longer .308 muzzle devices.

Just a thought. 

They will sell.  I don't know if the whole batch would sell by the time they're manufactured, buy they damn sure would sell.  I'd buy one immediately.  Try me...  <lmao>

Something shorter than 16", that we can bring up to 16.1" with a pinned/welded muzzle device.  Don't know if that would be the AR15-standard 14.5" barrel, or if you could go a little shorter, due to the longer .308 muzzle devices.

Just a thought. 

They will sell.  I don't know if the whole batch would sell by the time they're manufactured, buy they damn sure would sell.  I'd buy one immediately.  Try me...  <lmao>

It sounds interesting, but it has to sell. We have done numerous pre-buys before on special configurations, and not one has yet to get to 50 pre-orders...

If you guys want to organize a group buy, we're all in. 

I've already got most of this rifle laid out.  Wanted to build it a couple rifles ago, but the Can Cannon and another 308AR got in the way...  <lmao>

It'll be under 6lbs with standard receivers.

16" .308 barrel came in today, Nathan - VERY IMPRESSIVE!  I like it alot.  Damn nice barrel, and fine work.  I picked up your gas block, and grabbed the gas tube, too, just so everything would get here in the same box, and I wouldn't have to strip any parts off the other barrel.

Did a quick check of the gas block - gas block perfectly centered over the barrel gas port, with the block against the barrel shoulder.  Gas port diameter is 0.080", midlength gas system. 

Very nice work, Nathan, very nice.  <thumbsup>

post-7-0-20057600-1434002936_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-51608900-1434002939_thumb.jpg