• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

ArmaLite AR10B 50th anniversary

Masakari

As I found it at a gunshow. They were asking far too little for this.

IMAG0709_zpsqz0a1jop.jpg

IMAG0707_zpsiwgztq0e.jpg

How she sits now:

IMAG1046_zpspukdzvgr.jpg

IMAG1043_zpscqkkschf.jpg

IMAG0829_zpsfdntqwsb.jpg

I hit the gold mine at a gunshow, and found this ArmaLite AR10B retro battle rifle. Its the 50th anniversary made in 2004, and thus came with no bayonet lug and with a weird muzzle brake installed.

I added a standard front sight with bayonet lug, and reamed it out for taper pins. the muzzle brake was removed, barrel threaded, and a normal flashider was added.

The incorrect A2 stock and grip were ditched, and a Cavalry C1 stock and Tango Down BG16 in flat dark earth were RIT dyed to match the chocolate brown of the handguards. The handguards also have heatshielding from A2 handguards added to increase heat resistance. I chose the BG16 pistol grip because it looks more like the original AR10 grip, but is also functional as it covers the trigger guard gap and has storage.

This rifle is ready for battle, and really feels like the way the AR10 was supposed to be. Light, nimble, simple, and yet still powerful.

Hold on. Give me a second to pull my pants back up....................................................................................

I've been keeping my eye out for one of those for years now. Outstanding find Masakari.

I have to hate you now. Just so you know.