• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

stock pileing ammo, plus shooting a bunch

308reloaded

how much ammo should you keep on hand, in a safe place not to be used but should be rotated to keep as fresh as possible. 

figure shooting anywhere from 500 to 1500 rounds per month each weapon of choice.me I keep only NATO calibers , most weapons without ammo area very poor club.  how many primers  and how many Lbs of powder, bullets, either cast of plated.  do we have anyone into survival skills,  yes I fall into that category. I stock enough to take care of my small family. 

what does your bug out bag feel like,  can you grab it on the run or do you need help putting it on your back.    would  the weapon you have talked  or wished about on here be your primary battle rifle, it Is not what you would call  light. or do you feel that everything in our country is great and no need to even consider this decision. 

the SHTF  could just be the fed. gov. making ammo hard to get.  my worries are some people on UN employment, Ohio had a drop of people drawing unemployment just this last month,, the drop was families unemployment benefits ran out, they didn't get a job.. now as that happens across the nation,  states don't have the funds to carry them, there are NO new jobs for  them.  what will happen when everyone on unemployment has  run out.  no money = no food  for everyone,,  I am not alone, in worrying about what will happen as more loose unemployment,  food kitchens don't have the food for all.  and there are what 30 million or more on unemployment.  it is going to get  bad in all over.

I have milspec ammo that's thirty years old & works just fine , so rotating it is up to you .

The powder/primers you keep may be up to the laws of your state or local fire dept. & or insurance co. that insures your house/living quarters.

My bug out bag is a back pack I also use for hunting ,so I'm quite familiar with it . I have one for the wife & we will have share if the kid is home from school .

I have the old type web gear ("H" harness )fully loaded with 308 mags/45 acp & the wife has one of those new assult vests set up the same way but with 5.56 & 9mm.

I can tell you this , it will get worse, but hopefully not . Food/water & daily necessities are far more important then how much EXTRA ammo you have .

You noticed I said extra ,& you can only carrie so much & try to stash more .

Yeah I feel the same...

I just purchased my EOW stock pile ( 1k rounds not much ) but 308 aint cheap.

So shooting 500-1500 a month is NOT in my budget. But there'll be 1k dead A-holes should the former USA come to that.

I wont be "stashing" anything, I'll be able to carry what I can. So long as I can keep an FOB, I'll be able to run Ops from there out'n back. I have no use for the big city. Small town people will pull together and share resources, I believe in that.

My concern is, that day that the SHTF will I have my AR-10 / G22 w/ me or will I have to trek home. As much as I'd love to travel all the time w/ my kits.

My wife will divorce me at that point.

i'm with you tango, i probably have about the same, and a decent surplus of other rounds, let's hope that it never happens but being a little prepared can go along way. i don't live in the city, am close enough to get there, but far enough away. i'd rather run ops using home as a fob, and if it got real bad my father lives 20 mins away well into the country.

I hope everyone know that no matter how well equip. they are no matter how good a shot they are. no matter how much they train.. they can not stand alone for long.    everyone has to sleep, or get other work done to survive, the TV mountain man type is not real,  most can not deal with solitude of being all by them selves.  and every person added to the count has plus and a minus.  more food more people to work to grow food.  most grocery stores have 3 days supply on shelves at any given time. 

Just fro the record I am not preaching that the end is near.  I just believe you should be-aware of the big picture of what could be coming with all the people out of work.  there are allot more than what there was during the BIG depression era" and then families took care of each other. that is not so now day.s  and just in for your self mind set will fail. 

Like to keep at least 1K of each caliber as stock,replacing it as I shoot it up...the big 5 that is...308,223,7.62x39,9mm,45..and at least 100 rounds for each bolt gun caliber ..that sound reasonable?? Or am I becoming one of those crazy people I hear about on news...clinging to my guns and religion ..smile ..that way they never know what your thinking  :D ;D ;D

MUSLIMS ( extremists ) kill for their Religion

Where are the CRUSADES when you need'em ?

I cling to my Guns and my Religion, isnt that what helped make AMERICA ? ? ?

I'm just sayn'...

I'm sure most of us on here are pretty flipp'n frustrated with everything we see going on around us in each one of our hometowns, states, etc....

( this is gonna get deep )

I'm 38 ( soon to be 39 ) I grew up in the 80's and I honestly thought that by the time I hit 30+, we'd already had WW-3 and it would all be post Mad-Max kinda thing. But now here I am... waiting, wondering, when..

red dawn, zombie apocolipse , hell obama, my reasons need not make sense to anyone but me

red dawn story. whenit first came out in the theaters me and wife went to see it..

next morning we awoke to helicopters flying all around with armed people running around everywhere,  no joke

they had a major,major drug bust up behind our property and they swamed the place from all directions,  it was wild to wake up to the sounds and sights.  after watching that  movie.    and no I was not involved in anyway shape or form.    this was I think 1981

The crazy people clinging to guns was a little self depricating humor. Hard to convey in print. Don’t take it wrong way. When I was in school we were waiting for the commies to bomb and invade us. Remember those air raid drills like it was yesterday..into the hall,against the wall with legs crossed and head down and teachers swatting you if you made a peep .. Looking back now, we were just kissing our asses goodbye.