• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Luth MBA stock

EasyEJL

I was looking very closely at these, I ended up going with the PRS for a 308 build, but by all accounts they are light, very strong, and very versatile in terms of adjustment.

They just came out with the carbine version (MBA-3&4) a week or so ago so I will try one of those on an AR-15.

Company was started by Randy Luth, as in the Randy Luth who founded DPMS/Panther arms.

Seems like a great product and price point for what you get to me!

Edited by GreyGoose

I forgot about that thread, thanks, Mike!

I went with the MBA2 over the PRS, mainly due to the almost $200 price difference, but it hasn't disappointed me yet.  One thing I did notice, though, was if you get the rail section for this stock, it'll mount right up to the MBA1, but the buttplate on the MBA2 either has to be modified or replaced to mount the rail.  

Once I figured that out, I went ahead and ordered the LOP adjustable buttplate assembly, but they forgot to send the extension tube spacer necessary to change the butt.  I shot them an e-mail, but I received the assembly on a Friday, so I didn't expect to hear back for a few days, but before Monday Randy himself emailed me to make sure the parts I needed made it to me.  And they did, within a couple days.  

I like what Magpul's putting out, but I've got a feeling I'll be going with a Luth AR stock for my future builds.