• Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What barrel to buy

Danno28

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What are some good brands to buy

First off It depends what your looking to do with the gun and how much your going to use it IMO , Personally I wont be shooting this gun all the time its gonna be a hunting rifle so I'm not going to spend more $ on the barrel than It cost me to build a whole upper ... So far my complete LR308 build is at 650.00 with name brand parts bought on clearance .. There are plenty of good high end brand barrels that you can  pay out the nose for if you want .... Some companies seem to think because of their name they can charge 4 times what it should cost , so be careful , the barrel is your most important factor when it comes to accuracy . But can also be the most costly part of the build . If you want a budget Barrel ... the Anderson 18" mid length is a great barrel , very accurate for right at 90.82 shipped ... They also have a 20" and a 16" at a similar price . I know plenty of guys that have been happy with a Faxon barrel they seem to be priced right for what you get ... Just cost more than Im willing to spend but to each his own ..

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, Faxon and Criterion are both members, too, and they have great customer service.  I'll add that my 20" from Black Hole Weaponry is sub MOA all day, and they can do a lot of caliber/length/profile combinations (though you may have to wait a little while for them to make it for you).  All three of these are great, accurate choices for less than $400.

• 2 months later...