• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

my first lr 308

g929

Hello guys been hear for a wild now lot of good info (thank you all) this is my curent situation as of now...

Dpms upper/lower

Magpul fix stock Live in (nj) 

Cmmg mk3 handguard 

Dpms lower parts kit

Now the money question I'm interested in a criterion 16 inch barrel with the rifel lenth can any on tell me the difference on getting a 18 inch from.....

IMG-20160211-WA0015.jpeg

Edited by g929

I'm loving my 16 inch rifle gas carbine, soft shooting and a much lighter feel than my 20 inch. I've never shot an 18 in 308 but find my carbine more maneuverable than my 18 inch 5.56 target rifle. 

Keep us updated on the build!

hey thanks and I will keep all you post it...quick question what grane are you shooting 

Had it made by X-Caliber, here is the thread from the start.

I went with them mainly to follow the "rule". It was a pain getting the port size sorted out but with all the guidance I received here it was a very good learning experience and a successful build. If I had to do it again, and most likely will, I'd go with the Criterion.

My 16" HB & my 20" HB , shoot almost the same out to 200 yards , all the range I have , the 20" is more consistent , but that's to be expected , its made for a bench , more or less . My 18" is a lighter Barrel & is still under testing & as soon as I get these two Harley's together , I will have a shoot out with all three.

All three are 308 Criterion Barrels .

My 16" HB & my 20" HB , shoot almost the same out to 200 yards , all the range I have , the 20" is more consistent , but that's to be expected , its made for a bench , more or less . My 18" is a lighter Barrel & is still under testing & as soon as I get these two Harley's together , I will have a shoot out with all three.

All three are 308 Criterion Barrels .

thanks  for sharing .ill take a look at that.