• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Heads up if you are traveling through Minnesota

Sisco

As of the end of 2014, Minnesota no longer honors the Utah concealed carry permit, Resident or nonresident. They require any course to demonstrate firearm proficiency and said Utah does not require that. When I got my training for my Utah nonresident CC permit, they certainly did! Anyway just a heads up to keep you out of trouble.

No one really wants Lutefisk. DPMS, Remington 308AR's and Bushmasters were all made in St. Cloud MN at one time. I do not know if they still are.

Utah nonresident keeps me legal in 32 states.

Edited by Sisco

8 hours ago, Sisco said:

No one really wants Lutefisk. DPMS, Remington 308AR's and Bushmasters were all made in St. Cloud MN at one time. I do not know if they still are.

Utah nonresident keeps me legal in 32 states.

Tell that to all Norwegians that around here lol

On 5/9/2016 at 7:06 AM, planeflyer21 said:

Arizona's CCW Permit (no diferentiation between resident and nonresident) is good presently in 37 (and if Virginia has pulled their AG's head out, 38).

But Utah will issue them to non-residents who complete the training. And there was a certified instructor up here. So I play the hand I am dealt. Wisconsin's is so rudimentary there is no reciprocity with it.

53 minutes ago, Sisco said:

But Utah will issue them to non-residents who complete the training. And there was a certified instructor up here. So I play the hand I am dealt. Wisconsin's is so rudimentary there is no reciprocity with it.

Hell I didn't even have to take the course because I had taken hunters safety. But myself and a few others whom also had taken hunters safety wanted to take a course to cover the legalities. So we got with a buddy of mine who is an instructor and he went  over everything with us. Which I think everyone should do hunters safety or not

2 hours ago, shepp said:

Hell I didn't even have to take the course because I had taken hunters safety. But myself and a few others whom also had taken hunters safety wanted to take a course to cover the legalities. So we got with a buddy of mine who is an instructor and he went  over everything with us. Which I think everyone should do hunters safety or not

Good idea. Rule of thumb, if you have to shoot someone in self defense, have at least $20,000 set aside for legal bills.

8 minutes ago, Sisco said:

Good idea. Rule of thumb, if you have to shoot someone in self defense, have at least $20,000 set aside for legal bills.

I meant more like where you can and can not carry and schit like that. But good call, I'm good on dealing with lawyers for the rest of my life. 

• 5 months later...