• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

BARREL TWIST RATE.308?

JJ109

Dear Belt Fed, Are you sure LMc is a true hermaphrodite? He/She could be one of those with ambiguous genitalia and never got properly sexed in the delivery room. If s/he was born at home or in a manger (as s/he claims)  then who knows.

On 10/30/2021 at 4:37 PM, TPO said:

Dear Belt Fed, Are you sure LMc is a true hermaphrodite? He/She could be one of those with ambiguous genitalia and never got properly sexed in the delivery room. If s/he was born at home or in a manger (as s/he claims)  then who knows.

You can't believe most of anything @Belt Fedsays , she spends most her time marching in BLM rallies 

My 308's i hunt with have a 1-10 twist and i use factory hunting ammo with 150 grain bullets. are those too light. at one time i was going lighter for more range as i was in a clearcut. now the tree are planted and i won't have a shot over 200 yards. would a heavier bullet benefit me or just stay with 150. they are accurate enough but not tack drivers by no means.

The only reliable way to test accuracy is to shoot groups on paper targets and compare them. This is best done on a bench, with a front rest and rear sandbag or from whatever will be most steady. Use the highest power scope you can.  2-3  three shot groups at 200 yards would be best to test both accuracy and conserve that expensive ammo.  You may need to briefly shoot at 100 to sight in first. You will do fine with a 150 gr. bullet. Would a 168 or heavier bullet be better? Again the only way to tell is target shooting at paper. Both will kill any deer, elk probably, moose iffy, black bear probably, grizzley bear not advised (see .375 H&H).