• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

new scope for my .22

I swear by the Nikon P-22 3-9x40 scope.  I've got two of them on Ruger 10/22s, and another one on a Savage FV-SR rifle.  Badass scope.  Should have a street price of under $150.  Nikon's MSRP is $119, so street price should be a little less...  :thumbup:

Image result for nikon p-22 3-9x40

Edited by 98Z5V

I usually like 3-9 magnification but I'm willing to work with less for squirrels. I was looking at those Nikons above... my wife said I could buy whatever I wanted, but it would take away from my AR-10 funds she set aside for me this Christmas. Needless to say, the AR-10 won out on the glass for a squirrel gun. so probably will end up with a cheap Walmart scope... God that sounds like a sin to even say, but oh well.

For cheap scopes, you can't go wrong with a BSA. I had a Sweet 22 3-9x40 on a 10/22 for awhile, then moved that scope to my .22 WMR bolt gun. Not a bad little scope, especially for the price. The elevation turret is marked for 36-, 38-, and 40-gr bullets, IIRC, and the marks are close-ish. The marks for the side focus knob are also pretty close (compared side-by-side with my Leupold rangefinder).

That Sweet 22 was replaced with a BSA "Tactical" 4-14x44 FFP Mil-Dash scope that has proven to be much more than I expected to get for the $250 I paid for it.

I'm not a scope connoisseur by any means (most expensive optic I own is an EOTech that I bought on sale for like $275...), but I've been pleasantly surprised by the quality-for-money I've gotten out of my BSA scopes.