• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Looking for boar hunt in PA

Ken

I am looking for a paid boar hunt in PA. I prefer the central to upper central PA area if anyone knows of a guided service in this locality. I am a disabled veteran and have a 100% rating for the spinal injury/surgical procedures I have had. If anyone has had an experirnce with a guide service in PA, please share the details with me. Thank you. Ken.

8 hours ago, Ken said:

I am looking for a paid boar hunt in PA. I prefer the central to upper central PA area if anyone knows of a guided service in this locality. I am a disabled veteran and have a 100% rating for the spinal injury/surgical procedures I have had. If anyone has had an experirnce with a guide service in PA, please share the details with me. Thank you. Ken.

Ken I follow a guy on Instagram that helps disabled vets got on hunts in going to contact him for you and see if he has any contacts. If it's ok with you I'll pass your email on to him ( as a mod I can see it in your profile). Welcome to the forum thank you for your service 

It was a dead end he like me didn't even know there were pigs to hunt in PA and said he's originally from NY state. I hope you find somthing, but I always thought you had to go to a southern state for pigs unless there's a ranch like they got up in the UP

25 minutes ago, planeflyer21 said:

Wild boars are like prolific coyotes.  They are spreading everywhere and spreading fast.

Welcome Ken, thank you for your service. As a recipient of back surgery (in my case successful) I know a little of what you go through. Can't help with PA. We had our first feral pig report up here two months ago, but no more, guessing the wolves had a pork feast. Too bad, I would like to get in on the pig hunting action.

17 minutes ago, Sisco said:

Welcome Ken, thank you for your service. As a recipient of back surgery (in my case successful) I know a little of what you go through. Can't help with PA. We had our first feral pig report up here two months ago, but no more, guessing the wolves had a pork feast. Too bad, I would like to get in on the pig hunting action.

They (wild hogs) are very nomadic when it comes to the food supply.  There is a hack (herd-pack) here on the other side of Reddington Pass, coincidentally where some organic farms are located.

Where my Dad put hogs on his land in barren west Texas, they hung out until they realized they weren't penned anymore, leaving for greener pastures.